Bangladesh embassy in Thailand celebrates Pahela Baishakh
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 00:10
Bangladesh Embassy in Thailand today celebrated the Pahela Baishakh, the first day of Bengali New Year-1424, with much enthusiasm and festivity.
Marking the day, a day-long coulorful 'Borshoboron' celebration programme was held where more than 500 expatriate Bangladeshis living in Bangkok and its suburbs along with Thai citizens participated, according to a press release received here today.
The embassy premises were beautifully decorated with all the iconic symbols of Bangla New Year celebrations including replicas of the Ramna Batamul, traditional Mongal shubhojatra and Baishakhi Mela.
- Most viewed
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- 26 April Events
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge