Bangladesh embassy in Thailand celebrates Pahela Baishakh
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 00:10
Bangladesh Embassy in Thailand today celebrated the Pahela Baishakh, the first day of Bengali New Year-1424, with much enthusiasm and festivity.
Marking the day, a day-long coulorful 'Borshoboron' celebration programme was held where more than 500 expatriate Bangladeshis living in Bangkok and its suburbs along with Thai citizens participated, according to a press release received here today.
The embassy premises were beautifully decorated with all the iconic symbols of Bangla New Year celebrations including replicas of the Ramna Batamul, traditional Mongal shubhojatra and Baishakhi Mela.
- Most viewed
- How sleep disorders could affect women and men differently
- Ariana Grande returns to US following Manchester bombing
- Rab cordons off 2 ‘militant dens’ in C’nawabganj
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Macher Paturi
- Shabana Azmi plays a mom in The Black Prince, a biopic on Punjab’s last king
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
- Banani Rape: Key accused Nayem
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- Haor people to get fresh agri loan at 4.5 pc: PM
- Bollywood actress Reema Lagoo dies
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reaches Netrakona
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif