Bangladesh embassy in Thailand celebrates Pahela Baishakh
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 00:10
Bangladesh Embassy in Thailand today celebrated the Pahela Baishakh, the first day of Bengali New Year-1424, with much enthusiasm and festivity.
Marking the day, a day-long coulorful 'Borshoboron' celebration programme was held where more than 500 expatriate Bangladeshis living in Bangkok and its suburbs along with Thai citizens participated, according to a press release received here today.
The embassy premises were beautifully decorated with all the iconic symbols of Bangla New Year celebrations including replicas of the Ramna Batamul, traditional Mongal shubhojatra and Baishakhi Mela.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- Hiding The Propaganda
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths