Bangladesh embassy in Thailand celebrates Pahela Baishakh
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 00:10
Bangladesh Embassy in Thailand today celebrated the Pahela Baishakh, the first day of Bengali New Year-1424, with much enthusiasm and festivity.
Marking the day, a day-long coulorful 'Borshoboron' celebration programme was held where more than 500 expatriate Bangladeshis living in Bangkok and its suburbs along with Thai citizens participated, according to a press release received here today.
The embassy premises were beautifully decorated with all the iconic symbols of Bangla New Year celebrations including replicas of the Ramna Batamul, traditional Mongal shubhojatra and Baishakhi Mela.
- Most viewed
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link