"World class" medical research facility opens in Australia
Published : 18 Apr 2017, 15:16
A "world class" healthcare and medical research facility officially opened here on Tuesday at Sydney's Randwick Hospitals Campus in Australia.
The 10-storey Bright Building will bring together Prince of Wales Hospital's Nelune Comprehensive Cancer Centre, the University of New South Wales Scientia Clinical Research facility and expand Sydney Children's Hospitals Network.
The complex will also include an outpatient service for adolescents and young adults, which is the first of its kind in Australia.
"The New South Wales government is committed to delivering world's best practice when it comes to health services and the Bright Building is state-of-the-art," New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian said in a statement obtained by Xinhua.
"As well as improving care for cancer patients and adolescents and young adults with chronic illnesses, it will be home to cutting edge medical research."
Worth 114 million Australian dollars (86 million U.S. dollars), the project is funded by the New South Wales State government, the Commonwealth government, University of New South Wales, the Prince of Wales Hospital Foundation, Nelune Foundation, Sydney Children's Hospital and community fundraising initiatives.
New South Wales minister for health and medical research Brad Hazzard said "patients would have more opportunities to participate in clinical trials in cancer, ophthalmology, neurology, addiction medicine, as well as rheumatology and paediatrics."
"As well as ensuring patients have access to the best treatments, the community will benefit from the high-quality medical experts this facility will attract."
"I am determined to support researchers on their journey to find a cure, knowing what they discover today will translate to the bedside for future patients."
- Most viewed
- PM's love, compassion for flood-hit haor people
- Match fee for women only Tk 600
- Historic May Day tomorrow
- Two-member UK team meets DU VC
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Interest on agri-loan halved for affected haor farmers: PM
- 'Sumaiya kidnapper gives misleading info'
- Women go for luxury brands for social circle
- 96% women with disability fall prey to violence
- 27 April Births
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea
- PM opens Digital Island Moheshkhali
- David Cameron meets Sheikh Hasina
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- CID exhumes Raudha’s body for fresh autopsy
- 27 April Deaths
- Operation Eagle Hunt resumes, fresh gunshots heard