Indian-origin girl in UK gets 162 IQ points, more than Einstein, Hawking
Published : 08 May 2017, 15:24
A 12-year-old Indian-origin girl in England secured two points higher than geniuses Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking in the British Mensa IQ test.
She has been invited to join the coveted society as a member, according to a report published in The Times of India.
Rajgauri Pawar appeared in the British Mensa IQ Test in Manchester last month, and scored 162 - the highest possible IQ for someone under the age of 18, reports The Times of India.
She has been invited to join the coveted Mensa IQ test with the highest possible score.
Pawar of Cheshire county is among the one per cent of those who sit in the Mensa test and achieve the maximum mark, with the 'genius' benchmark set at 140. She secured 162, two points higher than Einstein and Hawking.
She is one of only 20,000 people to achieve the score worldwide, Mensa said.
"I was a little nervous before the test but it was fine and I'm really pleased to have done so well," Pawar said.
Pawar joins the elite British Mensa IQ Society as a member after her great performance.
Her father Dr Surajkumar Pawar said, "This wouldn't have been possible without the efforts of her teachers and the support which my daughter enjoys every day at school".
She studies at Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, which also expressed pride at her achievement, says the report.
"Everybody is delighted. She is a very well-liked student and we all expect great things from her," said Andrew Barry, her maths teacher.
- Most viewed
- Show off your baby bump in trendy wears
- President, PM greet civil servants on Public Service Day
- Nothing speaks of love more than roses in June
- Sonam Kapoor's fashion label wins PETA award
- Grape compounds can kill colon cancer cells: Research
- Computer training expediting women empowerment
- May softens tone on Brexit
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists
- Holy Lailatul Qadr tonight
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Dhaka, Stockholm to fight terror together
- ‘No way out, pray our deaths are not painful.’- Engaged sister’s last words to brother
- Burn injured housewife dies after fight for life
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid