Rushanara Ali elected in British parliamentary polls
Published : 09 Jun 2017, 11:41
Bangladesh-origin Rushanara Ali has been elected from Bangladeshi-populated constituency Bethnal Green and Bow for third times in the parliamentary polls in United Kingdom-2017, which held in 2017.
She has got more than 35,000 votes from her opposite contestant.
Rushanara has got 42,969 votes from British Labour Party.
Rushanara was first elected in 2010 in British parliament. Later she was elected in 2015 for the second time.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable Kebobs Recipe
- Australian car-making ends with last GM plant closing
- One can register 20 SIMs against an NID card: Tarana Halim
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Merkel wants EU aid cut to Turkey for democratic backsliding
- No Rohingya woman safe as rapists run rampant : Experts
- Rohingya refugee children in Bangladesh in dire state: Unicef
- 20 October Deaths
- 20 October Births
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- 18 October Events
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Births
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief