11 killed by attackers at child's birthday party in Mexico
Published : 14 Jul 2017, 12:17
Attackers wielding knives burst into a child's birthday party in central Mexico, stabbing and slashing to death 11 people, including two minors, authorities said Thursday.
Hidalgo state prosecutor Javier Ramiro Lara Salinas said at a news conference that the preliminary investigation suggested the attack in a house near Tizayuca, just north of Mexico City, was a "settling of scores."
Among the victims was a man with an ID identifying him as a Mexico City police officer.
Lara said the home's owner had served time on a kidnapping charge in Mexico State.
Authorities received a 911 call after midnight Thursday alerting them to the killings.
Officers discovered 11 bodies - seven of them female and four male, with two minors, state authorities said.
They had initially said the victims were seven men and four women. Four minors survived the attack without injuries.
None of the victims was shot. All were killed by knives or other cutting weapons.
The area had largely been spared the violence affecting other parts of Mexico.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka