China supports Myanmar efforts for peace
Published : 13 Sep 2017, 12:11
China supports the Myanmar government's efforts to maintain peace and stability in Rakhine state, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said on Tuesday.
“We condemn the violent attacks which happened in Rakhine state in Myanmar,” Geng said, while China sincerely hopes order and the normal life there will be restored as soon as possible.
The international community should support the efforts of Myanmar in safeguarding the stability of its national development, he said.
China is willing to communicate with relevant parties over the issue, he noted.
Extremist terrorists launched attacks on police outposts in Rakhine on August 25. More than 300,000 residents from the northern Rakhine state have fled to Bangladesh since then.
- Most viewed
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- Easy tips on how to keep your white clothes whiter and brighter
- Permanent Peoples' Tribunal finds Myanmar guilty
- Hindu community to cut Durga Puja expense to aid Rohingyas
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll