China supports Myanmar efforts for peace
Published : 13 Sep 2017, 12:11
China supports the Myanmar government's efforts to maintain peace and stability in Rakhine state, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said on Tuesday.
“We condemn the violent attacks which happened in Rakhine state in Myanmar,” Geng said, while China sincerely hopes order and the normal life there will be restored as soon as possible.
The international community should support the efforts of Myanmar in safeguarding the stability of its national development, he said.
China is willing to communicate with relevant parties over the issue, he noted.
Extremist terrorists launched attacks on police outposts in Rakhine on August 25. More than 300,000 residents from the northern Rakhine state have fled to Bangladesh since then.
- Most viewed
- Seafood-rich diet may up sexual intimacy, pregnancy chances
- Priyanka Chopra left Cox`s Bazar for Dhaka
- Tasfia murder case: One arrested
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)