China supports Myanmar efforts for peace
Published : 13 Sep 2017, 12:11
China supports the Myanmar government's efforts to maintain peace and stability in Rakhine state, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said on Tuesday.
“We condemn the violent attacks which happened in Rakhine state in Myanmar,” Geng said, while China sincerely hopes order and the normal life there will be restored as soon as possible.
The international community should support the efforts of Myanmar in safeguarding the stability of its national development, he said.
China is willing to communicate with relevant parties over the issue, he noted.
Extremist terrorists launched attacks on police outposts in Rakhine on August 25. More than 300,000 residents from the northern Rakhine state have fled to Bangladesh since then.
- Most viewed
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Jolie condemns sexual violence against Rohingyas
- Right to a healthy future
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf