China supports Myanmar efforts for peace
Published : 13 Sep 2017, 12:11
China supports the Myanmar government's efforts to maintain peace and stability in Rakhine state, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said on Tuesday.
“We condemn the violent attacks which happened in Rakhine state in Myanmar,” Geng said, while China sincerely hopes order and the normal life there will be restored as soon as possible.
The international community should support the efforts of Myanmar in safeguarding the stability of its national development, he said.
China is willing to communicate with relevant parties over the issue, he noted.
Extremist terrorists launched attacks on police outposts in Rakhine on August 25. More than 300,000 residents from the northern Rakhine state have fled to Bangladesh since then.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol