Young man ‘kidnapped and raped’ by women gang
Published : 07 Oct 2017, 16:33
A man was drugged and raped multiple times over three days by three female assailants in South Africa.
The 23-year-old’s ordeal began when he hailed down a communal taxi in eastern Pretoria on Friday – which had three young women inside.
The taxi began to change direction and the man was ordered to sit in the front. He was then injected within an unknown substance and passed out, TimesLive reported recently.
According to South African Police Service Captain Colette Weilbach, the victim woke up in an unfamiliar room on a single bed.
‘The female suspects then allegedly forced the man to drink an energy drink before taking turns raping him numerous times a day,’ he added.
The victim was later dumped semi-naked in a field, where he managed to flag down a passing car.
The South African Police Service say they take all sexual offences seriously regardless of gender.
Search was underway for the female suspects.
Rape and sexual violence against both men and women are at epidemic levels in South Africa. It is estimated that more than half-a-million rapes are committed annually in the country.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating
- You may be getting the portion sizes wrong