Young man ‘kidnapped and raped’ by women gang
Published : 07 Oct 2017, 16:33
A man was drugged and raped multiple times over three days by three female assailants in South Africa.
The 23-year-old’s ordeal began when he hailed down a communal taxi in eastern Pretoria on Friday – which had three young women inside.
The taxi began to change direction and the man was ordered to sit in the front. He was then injected within an unknown substance and passed out, TimesLive reported recently.
According to South African Police Service Captain Colette Weilbach, the victim woke up in an unfamiliar room on a single bed.
‘The female suspects then allegedly forced the man to drink an energy drink before taking turns raping him numerous times a day,’ he added.
The victim was later dumped semi-naked in a field, where he managed to flag down a passing car.
The South African Police Service say they take all sexual offences seriously regardless of gender.
Search was underway for the female suspects.
Rape and sexual violence against both men and women are at epidemic levels in South Africa. It is estimated that more than half-a-million rapes are committed annually in the country.
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan