Young man ‘kidnapped and raped’ by women gang
Published : 07 Oct 2017, 16:33
A man was drugged and raped multiple times over three days by three female assailants in South Africa.
The 23-year-old’s ordeal began when he hailed down a communal taxi in eastern Pretoria on Friday – which had three young women inside.
The taxi began to change direction and the man was ordered to sit in the front. He was then injected within an unknown substance and passed out, TimesLive reported recently.
According to South African Police Service Captain Colette Weilbach, the victim woke up in an unfamiliar room on a single bed.
‘The female suspects then allegedly forced the man to drink an energy drink before taking turns raping him numerous times a day,’ he added.
The victim was later dumped semi-naked in a field, where he managed to flag down a passing car.
The South African Police Service say they take all sexual offences seriously regardless of gender.
Search was underway for the female suspects.
Rape and sexual violence against both men and women are at epidemic levels in South Africa. It is estimated that more than half-a-million rapes are committed annually in the country.
- Most viewed
- Trump ‘made me cry,’ says soldier’s widow
- 24 October Deaths
- 24 October Births
- 24 October Events
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ