Young man ‘kidnapped and raped’ by women gang
Published : 07 Oct 2017, 16:33
A man was drugged and raped multiple times over three days by three female assailants in South Africa.
The 23-year-old’s ordeal began when he hailed down a communal taxi in eastern Pretoria on Friday – which had three young women inside.
The taxi began to change direction and the man was ordered to sit in the front. He was then injected within an unknown substance and passed out, TimesLive reported recently.
According to South African Police Service Captain Colette Weilbach, the victim woke up in an unfamiliar room on a single bed.
‘The female suspects then allegedly forced the man to drink an energy drink before taking turns raping him numerous times a day,’ he added.
The victim was later dumped semi-naked in a field, where he managed to flag down a passing car.
The South African Police Service say they take all sexual offences seriously regardless of gender.
Search was underway for the female suspects.
Rape and sexual violence against both men and women are at epidemic levels in South Africa. It is estimated that more than half-a-million rapes are committed annually in the country.
- Most viewed
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Hasina seeks quick implementation of Commonwealth Declarations
- PM suggests making CW high-level group more representative
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- SSC results likely on 6 May
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh