Merkel says to start coalition talks on Oct 18
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 17:03
German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who won an election with a reduced majority two weeks ago, said Monday she would start talks to form a coalition government with two smaller parties on October 18.
Her CDU/CSU conservative alliance would first hold separate talks with the pro-business Free Democrats and the left-leaning Greens on that day, before all parties would jointly meet two days later, she said.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating
- You may be getting the portion sizes wrong