White House backs Trump's claims that sexual harassment accusers lied
Published : 28 Oct 2017, 12:09
The White House has once again refuted claims by more than a dozen women who have accused Donald Trump of sexual harassment and accused them of lying.
Sarah Sanders, White House press secretary on Friday offered a very short answer when asked if the White House thought the women were liars.
"We've been clear on that in the beginning, and the President's spoken on that," she said according to CNN.
The question came amid revelations in the media and entertainment industries and the realm of politics of stories of women coming forward to share encounters of sexual harassment and assault in the workplace.
On the campaign trail, then-candidate Trump dismissed the accusations from the more than a dozen women.
"As you have seen, I am a victim of one of the great political smear campaigns in the history of our country," he said at a rally last October in Charlotte, North Carolina. "They are coming after me to try and destroy what is considered by even them the greatest movement in the history of our country."
The President flat-out called it a lie, during that rally last year: "It's one big ugly lie. It's one big fix. The press can't write the kind of things they write, which are lies, lies, lies."
Friday's press briefing question also comes amid a legal case against Trump brought by Summer Zervos, a former contestant on NBC's "The Apprentice," who accused Trump of sexually assaulting her in 2007. The accusations were made in October of last year at a news conference.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self