Teen girl raped by father, brother, uncles for eloping with man
Published : 29 Nov 2017, 15:17
India’s Uttar Pradesh Police on Tuesday arrested the father, brother and two uncles of a 17-year-old girl in Dhandheda village of Muzaffarnagar on charges for allegedly gang-raping her for eloping with a man.
The police has arrested all the four accused following the minor girl filed a complaint against them.
The girl had reportedly eloped with a 32-year-old man, who is a father of three children, of the same village.
They had previously eloped twice, in July and later in October. Her family had twice filed an abduction complaint with the police.
For the first time, the man was let off by the police after the girl said she left with him by choice.
After the family filed a second case against the man, the girl approached the Allahabad high court on November 2 alleging she was gang-raped by her family members at a nursing home.
The girl also claimed that she was forced to miscarry by her family members.
The police booked all the four accused under IPC Sections 376D (gang rape) and 313 (causing miscarriage without woman’s consent), among others.
Meanwhile, the girl’s mother and sister-in-law have refused the allegation dubbing it baseless.
Source: Zee News
- Most viewed
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation