Teen girl raped by father, brother, uncles for eloping with man
Published : 29 Nov 2017, 15:17
India’s Uttar Pradesh Police on Tuesday arrested the father, brother and two uncles of a 17-year-old girl in Dhandheda village of Muzaffarnagar on charges for allegedly gang-raping her for eloping with a man.
The police has arrested all the four accused following the minor girl filed a complaint against them.
The girl had reportedly eloped with a 32-year-old man, who is a father of three children, of the same village.
They had previously eloped twice, in July and later in October. Her family had twice filed an abduction complaint with the police.
For the first time, the man was let off by the police after the girl said she left with him by choice.
After the family filed a second case against the man, the girl approached the Allahabad high court on November 2 alleging she was gang-raped by her family members at a nursing home.
The girl also claimed that she was forced to miscarry by her family members.
The police booked all the four accused under IPC Sections 376D (gang rape) and 313 (causing miscarriage without woman’s consent), among others.
Meanwhile, the girl’s mother and sister-in-law have refused the allegation dubbing it baseless.
Source: Zee News
- Most viewed
- Vegetable egg ‘bhurji’
- More pregnant women are having heart attacks
- Be a host to provide Non-Alcoholic summer drinks
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters