Now women to drive trucks, bikes in Saudi Arabia
Published : 17 Dec 2017, 16:56
After allowing women to drive, Saudi Arabia has now permitted females to drive trucks and ride bikes.
The announcement was made by the Saudi General Department of Traffic (GDT) on Friday stating that women will be allowed to drive trucks once the required conditions and guidelines have been met; now in force for males only, Al Arabiya said.
‘Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles as per the royal decree announced in September, which comes into effect in June 2018.’
Saudi Arabia allowed women to drive in September 2017 as per a royal decree issued by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz.
The decree ordered that a ministerial body to be set up to give advice within 30 days and that the order will be implemented by June 2018.
- Most viewed
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- 7 reasons you should use vegan products
- How to make someone fall in love with you: According to science
- Six reasons why you should wear sunglasses in the cold season
- Teenage girl found dead in Chittagong
- US women open year with 5-1 win over Denmark
- 22 January Deaths
- 22 January Births
- 22 January Events
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- US wants transparent business environment in BD
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating