Now women to drive trucks, bikes in Saudi Arabia
Published : 17 Dec 2017, 16:56
After allowing women to drive, Saudi Arabia has now permitted females to drive trucks and ride bikes.
The announcement was made by the Saudi General Department of Traffic (GDT) on Friday stating that women will be allowed to drive trucks once the required conditions and guidelines have been met; now in force for males only, Al Arabiya said.
‘Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles as per the royal decree announced in September, which comes into effect in June 2018.’
Saudi Arabia allowed women to drive in September 2017 as per a royal decree issued by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz.
The decree ordered that a ministerial body to be set up to give advice within 30 days and that the order will be implemented by June 2018.
- Most viewed
- 'Hotel Transylvania' books spot at top of box office
- Khaleda denied bail in Narail defamation case
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums