Now women to drive trucks, bikes in Saudi Arabia
Published : 17 Dec 2017, 16:56
After allowing women to drive, Saudi Arabia has now permitted females to drive trucks and ride bikes.
The announcement was made by the Saudi General Department of Traffic (GDT) on Friday stating that women will be allowed to drive trucks once the required conditions and guidelines have been met; now in force for males only, Al Arabiya said.
‘Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles as per the royal decree announced in September, which comes into effect in June 2018.’
Saudi Arabia allowed women to drive in September 2017 as per a royal decree issued by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz.
The decree ordered that a ministerial body to be set up to give advice within 30 days and that the order will be implemented by June 2018.
- Most viewed
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Delicious ways to eat mangoes this season
- Deepika in Time 100 Influential People of 2018 list
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims