Armed woman shoots 3 people, kills self at YouTube HQ (VIDEO)
Published : 04 Apr 2018, 12:04
At least three people are being treated for gunshot wounds after a female shooter opened fire at YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California. The suspect was found dead inside the building.
The woman believed to be the shooter was found dead inside the building, said San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini. The shooter was killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Barberini reported. “We have no information to suggest there is somebody else [involved],” he told reporters.
Police found a total of four victims with gunshot wounds, he said, two inside the building and two more at a nearby business. Police were still clearing the building as of 2:30 pm local time, when Barberini spoke with reporters.
About 1,700 people work at the YouTube campus, located just off Interstate 280 south of San Francisco. One YouTube employee tweeted he “heard shots and saw people running.”
The San Francisco General Hospital, a major trauma center, received three patients ‒ two women and a man. The man is in critical condition and one of the women is in a serious condition, according to hospital spokesman Brent Andrew. Hospital officials confirmed all those injured received gunshot wounds.None of the patients have underwent or are due to undergo surgery at this time, according to the hospital.
A photo taken from across the street shows a large police presence in the area.
“We are coordinating with authorities and will provide official information here from Google and YouTube as it becomes available,” Google, which owns the video sharing website, said in a tweet. "We advised all other employees in the Bay Area, and people with meetings scheduled, to stay away from the area, and that there is no need to take any action. We have provided employees a helpline."
Footage from local media helicopters shows YouTube employees gathered in a parking lot outside the complex, with some being interviewed by police.
- Most viewed
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- 17 July Births
- 17 July Deaths
- Arrests after Indian woman gang-raped, burned to death
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums