Pregnant singer shot dead in Pakistan for refusing to stand up and sing
Published : 13 Apr 2018, 13:41
A local singer was shot dead during a festive ceremony in Kanga village near Larkana of Pakistan on Tuesday.
Twenty-four-year-old Samina Samoon, also known as Samina Sindhu, was allegedly shot dead by Tarique Ahmed Jatoi while she was performing at the gathering.
She had reportedly refused to oblige his 'request' that she stand up while she sang.
The accused, who was allegedly intoxicated, had badgered the victim to comply before he shot her dead.
Samina was rushed to the Chandka Hospital, but could not survive her injuries and was pronounced dead.
The slain singer's husband told journalists that she had been six months pregnant with their child.
He demanded that the first information report should mention that the man who shot her and two of his accomplices are accused of double murder: that of the woman and her unborn child.
Police have arrested the main accused.
Source: Dawn/ Asia News Network
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women