Pregnant singer shot dead in Pakistan for refusing to stand up and sing
Published : 13 Apr 2018, 13:41
A local singer was shot dead during a festive ceremony in Kanga village near Larkana of Pakistan on Tuesday.
Twenty-four-year-old Samina Samoon, also known as Samina Sindhu, was allegedly shot dead by Tarique Ahmed Jatoi while she was performing at the gathering.
She had reportedly refused to oblige his 'request' that she stand up while she sang.
The accused, who was allegedly intoxicated, had badgered the victim to comply before he shot her dead.
Samina was rushed to the Chandka Hospital, but could not survive her injuries and was pronounced dead.
The slain singer's husband told journalists that she had been six months pregnant with their child.
He demanded that the first information report should mention that the man who shot her and two of his accomplices are accused of double murder: that of the woman and her unborn child.
Police have arrested the main accused.
Source: Dawn/ Asia News Network
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara