Pregnant singer shot dead in Pakistan for refusing to stand up and sing
Published : 13 Apr 2018, 13:41
A local singer was shot dead during a festive ceremony in Kanga village near Larkana of Pakistan on Tuesday.
Twenty-four-year-old Samina Samoon, also known as Samina Sindhu, was allegedly shot dead by Tarique Ahmed Jatoi while she was performing at the gathering.
She had reportedly refused to oblige his 'request' that she stand up while she sang.
The accused, who was allegedly intoxicated, had badgered the victim to comply before he shot her dead.
Samina was rushed to the Chandka Hospital, but could not survive her injuries and was pronounced dead.
The slain singer's husband told journalists that she had been six months pregnant with their child.
He demanded that the first information report should mention that the man who shot her and two of his accomplices are accused of double murder: that of the woman and her unborn child.
Police have arrested the main accused.
Source: Dawn/ Asia News Network
- Most viewed
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0