Woman says she killed husband because he beat the cat
Published : 04 Jun 2018, 11:43
Dallas police say a 47-year-old woman has told detectives she shot and killed her husband because he had been beating the family cat.
Authorities say Mary Harrison has been arrested and jailed on a murder charge in the slaying of her 49-year-old husband Dexter Harrison. She's being held on $100,000 bond.
Mary Harrison told authorities that the shooting Saturday occurred during an argument. Dexter Harrison was taken to a hospital where he died.
In a statement Sunday, Dallas police say Harrison told officers that her husband had been beating the cat.
Neighbors say the family cat recently went missing, Mary Harrison had posted signs about it disappearing and the pet eventually returned.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM