Woman says she killed husband because he beat the cat
Published : 04 Jun 2018, 11:43
Dallas police say a 47-year-old woman has told detectives she shot and killed her husband because he had been beating the family cat.
Authorities say Mary Harrison has been arrested and jailed on a murder charge in the slaying of her 49-year-old husband Dexter Harrison. She's being held on $100,000 bond.
Mary Harrison told authorities that the shooting Saturday occurred during an argument. Dexter Harrison was taken to a hospital where he died.
In a statement Sunday, Dallas police say Harrison told officers that her husband had been beating the cat.
Neighbors say the family cat recently went missing, Mary Harrison had posted signs about it disappearing and the pet eventually returned.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack