US first lady Melania says op-ed author 'sabotaging' country
Published : 07 Sep 2018, 12:02
US first lady Melania Trump on Thursday accused the author of an anonymous attack on her husband in the op-ed pages of The New York Times of "sabotaging" the country.
The article's author, who is known to the newspaper but described only as a senior administration official, portrayed US president Donald Trump as "amoral" and reckless, and said a "quiet resistance" had formed among top aides to thwart his most misguided actions.
"People with no names are writing our nation's history," the first lady said in a statement. "Words are important, and accusations can lead to severe consequences."
She added that anyone bold enough to make such accusations should "stand by their words" rather than hiding behind anonymity.
"To the writer of the op-ed you are not protecting this country, you are sabotaging it with your cowardly actions," she said.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised