Polling going on peacefully in Faridpur
Published : 07 May 2016, 18:23
Polling in the fourth phase of election in sixteen union parishads of three upazilas of the district are going on peacefully since 8 in the morning today.
According to election office sources 2,18,313 voters are exercising their right of franchise at 135 polling centers. Ninety one chairman candidates are in the race for the posts of 15 coveted posts of chairman. One candidate was earlier elected as chairman uncontested in Krishnapur UP of Sadarpur upazila.
Polling is being held in eight unions of Sadarpur, four unions of Madhukhali and eight unions of Charbhadrasan upazilla. All steps have been taken to ensure fair and peaceful election.
Since morning hundreds of voters both male and female were found standing in long queue in front of the voting centers to cast their votes.
- Most viewed
- 23 March Deaths
- 23 March Births
- 23 March Events
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- Police officer 'stabbed at UK Parliament'
- Girl born with four legs is separated from parasitic twin in Chicago surgery
- Merkel's conservatives extend lead in Germany's Forsa poll
- We have to move faster: PM
- 20 March Deaths
- MA, MSS, MBA, MSc and M Mug exams postponed
- Guys stop doing this!
- Indonesia summons UK envoy over coral reef destruction
- PM advises children to take lessons of patriotism from early life
- IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
- Impulsive Facebook use cause brain imbalance
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- 22 March Births