Polling going on peacefully in Faridpur
Published : 07 May 2016, 18:23
Polling in the fourth phase of election in sixteen union parishads of three upazilas of the district are going on peacefully since 8 in the morning today.
According to election office sources 2,18,313 voters are exercising their right of franchise at 135 polling centers. Ninety one chairman candidates are in the race for the posts of 15 coveted posts of chairman. One candidate was earlier elected as chairman uncontested in Krishnapur UP of Sadarpur upazila.
Polling is being held in eight unions of Sadarpur, four unions of Madhukhali and eight unions of Charbhadrasan upazilla. All steps have been taken to ensure fair and peaceful election.
Since morning hundreds of voters both male and female were found standing in long queue in front of the voting centers to cast their votes.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling