Polling going on peacefully in Ctg
Published : 07 May 2016, 19:51
Polling in the fourth phase of election in 28 union parishads in two upazilas of the district are going on peacefully since 8 in the morning today.
According to election office sources a total of 3,73,009 voters are supposed to exercise their right of franchise at 197 polling centers.
Regional election Officer, Abdul Baten said the polling is being held in a fair and peaceful manner.
Talking to journalists, Baten said the voters cast their votes amidst enthusiasm and festivity marked during the voting.
"The turn-out of voters was quite satisfactory. We took necessary steps wherever any irregularities were found", he added.
Mostafizur Rahman Additional Superintendent of Chittagong district police told BSS that the overall situation during the voting was quite satisfactory and a huge number of the voters exercised their right of franchise in a peaceful atmosphere.
He said the voters reached the polling centres and returned homes safely after exercising their voting rights.
All steps have been taken to ensure fair and peaceful election.
Since morning hundreds of voters both male and female were found standing in long queue in front of the voting centers to cast their votes.
- Most viewed
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- 1000-handed idol of Durga
- Woman’s throat-slit body found, 4 arrested
- Merkel wins 4th term as nationalists enter German parliament
- UN finds rape evidence in Myanmar's crackdown on Rohingyas
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents