Polling going on peacefully in Ctg
Published : 07 May 2016, 19:51
Polling in the fourth phase of election in 28 union parishads in two upazilas of the district are going on peacefully since 8 in the morning today.
According to election office sources a total of 3,73,009 voters are supposed to exercise their right of franchise at 197 polling centers.
Regional election Officer, Abdul Baten said the polling is being held in a fair and peaceful manner.
Talking to journalists, Baten said the voters cast their votes amidst enthusiasm and festivity marked during the voting.
"The turn-out of voters was quite satisfactory. We took necessary steps wherever any irregularities were found", he added.
Mostafizur Rahman Additional Superintendent of Chittagong district police told BSS that the overall situation during the voting was quite satisfactory and a huge number of the voters exercised their right of franchise in a peaceful atmosphere.
He said the voters reached the polling centres and returned homes safely after exercising their voting rights.
All steps have been taken to ensure fair and peaceful election.
Since morning hundreds of voters both male and female were found standing in long queue in front of the voting centers to cast their votes.
- Most viewed
- Sleeping late? Check your diet
- Vidya Balan, Rahul Bose tie up for a cause!
- EC fully independent, PM tells French envoy
- Why it is important for women to eat with their families
- Three men sentenced to death for killing 4 Habiganj kids
- Saima Wazed receives international award for fighting autism
- Smell like roses: Use the petals to treat acne and de-stress. We tell you how
- Photos: Mire madness as hundreds run, crawl and fight at Boryeong Mud Festival
- Sonakshi Sinha: I was always the pampered one
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- 22 July Deaths
- Cop’s wife found dead in Jessore
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Births