Polling going on peacefully in Ctg
Published : 07 May 2016, 19:51
Polling in the fourth phase of election in 28 union parishads in two upazilas of the district are going on peacefully since 8 in the morning today.
According to election office sources a total of 3,73,009 voters are supposed to exercise their right of franchise at 197 polling centers.
Regional election Officer, Abdul Baten said the polling is being held in a fair and peaceful manner.
Talking to journalists, Baten said the voters cast their votes amidst enthusiasm and festivity marked during the voting.
"The turn-out of voters was quite satisfactory. We took necessary steps wherever any irregularities were found", he added.
Mostafizur Rahman Additional Superintendent of Chittagong district police told BSS that the overall situation during the voting was quite satisfactory and a huge number of the voters exercised their right of franchise in a peaceful atmosphere.
He said the voters reached the polling centres and returned homes safely after exercising their voting rights.
All steps have been taken to ensure fair and peaceful election.
Since morning hundreds of voters both male and female were found standing in long queue in front of the voting centers to cast their votes.
- Most viewed
- 13 people killed in suicide truck bomb in south of Iraq's Baghdad
- Over 100 die in Malaysian immigration camps in 2 years
- Shanghai streets rule by catwalks of stylish dogs
- Police drive at Nasirpur ‘militant den’ resumes
- ‘No turning back’ as Brexit triggered
- Summer skin care tips you must follow this season
- 5 fashion trends you need this summer
- Melania Trump Makes Case For Women's 'Empowerment'
- Comilla city polls begin
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal