Polling going on peacefully in Ctg
Published : 07 May 2016, 19:51
Polling in the fourth phase of election in 28 union parishads in two upazilas of the district are going on peacefully since 8 in the morning today.
According to election office sources a total of 3,73,009 voters are supposed to exercise their right of franchise at 197 polling centers.
Regional election Officer, Abdul Baten said the polling is being held in a fair and peaceful manner.
Talking to journalists, Baten said the voters cast their votes amidst enthusiasm and festivity marked during the voting.
"The turn-out of voters was quite satisfactory. We took necessary steps wherever any irregularities were found", he added.
Mostafizur Rahman Additional Superintendent of Chittagong district police told BSS that the overall situation during the voting was quite satisfactory and a huge number of the voters exercised their right of franchise in a peaceful atmosphere.
He said the voters reached the polling centres and returned homes safely after exercising their voting rights.
All steps have been taken to ensure fair and peaceful election.
Since morning hundreds of voters both male and female were found standing in long queue in front of the voting centers to cast their votes.
- Most viewed
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 16 January Births
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows