JS body for cultural centres in Kolkata, London, NY
Published : 09 Aug 2016, 20:26
The parliamentary standing committee on the ministry of foreign affairs today recommended setting up of cultural centres at Bangladesh missions in Kolkata, London and New York soon.
It also suggested setting up cultural centres instead of cultural wings at other Bangladesh missions abroad.
The recommendations came at the 10th meeting of the committee held at Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban with committee chairman Dr Dipu Moni in the chair, a parliament secretariat press release said here.
The meeting asked the authorities concerned to take necessary measures to raise education, foreign and entertainment allowances of officers and employees of the ministry and recruit manpower against the ministry's vacant posts to solve manpower crisis.
The meeting asked chiefs of different wings to work under the instruction of mission chiefs to bring dynamism to the activities of the missions.
Committee Members Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md. Shahriar Alam, Muhammad Faruque Khan and Kazi Nabir Ahmed joined the meeting.
Foreign secretary, senior officials of foreign ministry and parliament secretariat, among others, were present.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM