JS body for cultural centres in Kolkata, London, NY
Published : 09 Aug 2016, 20:26
The parliamentary standing committee on the ministry of foreign affairs today recommended setting up of cultural centres at Bangladesh missions in Kolkata, London and New York soon.
It also suggested setting up cultural centres instead of cultural wings at other Bangladesh missions abroad.
The recommendations came at the 10th meeting of the committee held at Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban with committee chairman Dr Dipu Moni in the chair, a parliament secretariat press release said here.
The meeting asked the authorities concerned to take necessary measures to raise education, foreign and entertainment allowances of officers and employees of the ministry and recruit manpower against the ministry's vacant posts to solve manpower crisis.
The meeting asked chiefs of different wings to work under the instruction of mission chiefs to bring dynamism to the activities of the missions.
Committee Members Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md. Shahriar Alam, Muhammad Faruque Khan and Kazi Nabir Ahmed joined the meeting.
Foreign secretary, senior officials of foreign ministry and parliament secretariat, among others, were present.
- Most viewed
- From April, tourists can stay at Taj Mahal only for 3 hours
- Katrina most popular actress outside India
- Zeenat Aman files rape case against a businessman
- High meat intake may up liver disease risk
- World Meteorological Day observed
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- EU recalls Moscow envoy after blaming Russia over spy attack
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- 17 March Deaths
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!