JS body for cultural centres in Kolkata, London, NY
Published : 09 Aug 2016, 20:26
The parliamentary standing committee on the ministry of foreign affairs today recommended setting up of cultural centres at Bangladesh missions in Kolkata, London and New York soon.
It also suggested setting up cultural centres instead of cultural wings at other Bangladesh missions abroad.
The recommendations came at the 10th meeting of the committee held at Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban with committee chairman Dr Dipu Moni in the chair, a parliament secretariat press release said here.
The meeting asked the authorities concerned to take necessary measures to raise education, foreign and entertainment allowances of officers and employees of the ministry and recruit manpower against the ministry's vacant posts to solve manpower crisis.
The meeting asked chiefs of different wings to work under the instruction of mission chiefs to bring dynamism to the activities of the missions.
Committee Members Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md. Shahriar Alam, Muhammad Faruque Khan and Kazi Nabir Ahmed joined the meeting.
Foreign secretary, senior officials of foreign ministry and parliament secretariat, among others, were present.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today