Husband to suffer 7 yrs RI for torturing wife
Published : 28 Sep 2016, 13:49
A husband has been sentenced to suffer seven years rigorous imprisonment by a court here on Tuesday for torturing his wife.
The convict identified as Sohrab Hossain, 45, of Mohangonj village under Bagmara Upazila of the district.
The court also fined him Taka 25,000.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Sohrab Ali used to torture his wife Jharna Begum, 40, for dowry of Taka two lakh frequently and as continuation of the repression he mercilessly beaten her on January 31, 2015.
The victim had lodged a case with the concerned police station. On completion of investigation, police pressed charges against her husband.
After examining recorded depositions of the enlisted prosecution witnesses and relevant evidence Judge-2 of Special Tribunal for Prevention of Repression Against Women and Children KM Shaheed Ahmed found the convict guilty and pronounced the verdict in a crowded courtroom around 4.30pm yesterday.
- Most viewed
- 'Open Access Bangladesh' begins journey
- Victims to file case against WB: PM
- Pakistan ‘kills 100 militants’ after Sufi shrine blast
- When Kangana Ranaut Wanted To 'Slap' TV Show Host Sugandha Mishra
- Facial exercise to eliminate double chin
- PM arrives in Abu Dhabi on her way to home
- 19 February Deaths
- 18 February Births
- 18 February Events