Prime accused for rapping Garo woman arrested
Published : 12 Nov 2016, 17:52
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested the main accused in the case of violating a Garo woman from the city’s Bimanbandar Railway Station area on Friday night.
A squad of RAB -1 arrested the alleged rapist Md Rafsan Hossain alias Rubel, 30, son of Md Mafizuddin alias Mafu Mia, a resident of Uttar Badda around 7.30pm yesterday, said a RAB official.
They also seized Taka 9,692 and a mobile phone set of the victim’s would be husband from the possession of the arrestee, RAB sources said.
Earlier on October 25 last, the Garo woman was allegedly rapped by Rubel in an abandoned house at Badda with help of some others.
The victim later filed a case with Badda Police Station accusing Rubel as the main culprit.
- Most viewed
- Maria Sharapova's return divides rivals
- Speed up relief operation in haor areas: PM
- Speaker off to Australia to join CPA meeting
- Maximum 2yrs jail for selling banned, tainted fish
- Be summer ready for office
- 1,400 families marooned in Moulvibazar
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic
- May on course for sweeping win: poll
- Mother, daughter at helm of global event
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack