Prime accused for rapping Garo woman arrested
Published : 12 Nov 2016, 17:52
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested the main accused in the case of violating a Garo woman from the city’s Bimanbandar Railway Station area on Friday night.
A squad of RAB -1 arrested the alleged rapist Md Rafsan Hossain alias Rubel, 30, son of Md Mafizuddin alias Mafu Mia, a resident of Uttar Badda around 7.30pm yesterday, said a RAB official.
They also seized Taka 9,692 and a mobile phone set of the victim’s would be husband from the possession of the arrestee, RAB sources said.
Earlier on October 25 last, the Garo woman was allegedly rapped by Rubel in an abandoned house at Badda with help of some others.
The victim later filed a case with Badda Police Station accusing Rubel as the main culprit.
- Most viewed
- Macher Paturi
- Shabana Azmi plays a mom in The Black Prince, a biopic on Punjab’s last king
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- Raintree owner appears before customs intelligence
- Prime minister performs Umrah
- Unexpected death, unruly protest
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- 23 May Deaths
- 23 May Births
- Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
- Banani Rape: Key accused Nayem
- Univ lecturer fired for ‘raping’ student
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- Hatirjheel-Sonargaon flyover opened
- Sheikh Hasina's homecoming day today
- Jhenidah drive ends, 2 suicide vests defused
- Haor people to get fresh agri loan at 4.5 pc: PM