Prime accused for rapping Garo woman arrested
Published : 12 Nov 2016, 17:52
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested the main accused in the case of violating a Garo woman from the city’s Bimanbandar Railway Station area on Friday night.
A squad of RAB -1 arrested the alleged rapist Md Rafsan Hossain alias Rubel, 30, son of Md Mafizuddin alias Mafu Mia, a resident of Uttar Badda around 7.30pm yesterday, said a RAB official.
They also seized Taka 9,692 and a mobile phone set of the victim’s would be husband from the possession of the arrestee, RAB sources said.
Earlier on October 25 last, the Garo woman was allegedly rapped by Rubel in an abandoned house at Badda with help of some others.
The victim later filed a case with Badda Police Station accusing Rubel as the main culprit.
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'