Prime accused for rapping Garo woman arrested
Published : 12 Nov 2016, 17:52
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested the main accused in the case of violating a Garo woman from the city’s Bimanbandar Railway Station area on Friday night.
A squad of RAB -1 arrested the alleged rapist Md Rafsan Hossain alias Rubel, 30, son of Md Mafizuddin alias Mafu Mia, a resident of Uttar Badda around 7.30pm yesterday, said a RAB official.
They also seized Taka 9,692 and a mobile phone set of the victim’s would be husband from the possession of the arrestee, RAB sources said.
Earlier on October 25 last, the Garo woman was allegedly rapped by Rubel in an abandoned house at Badda with help of some others.
The victim later filed a case with Badda Police Station accusing Rubel as the main culprit.
- Most viewed
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Hasina seeks quick implementation of Commonwealth Declarations
- PM suggests making CW high-level group more representative
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife