Prime accused for rapping Garo woman arrested
Published : 12 Nov 2016, 17:52
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested the main accused in the case of violating a Garo woman from the city’s Bimanbandar Railway Station area on Friday night.
A squad of RAB -1 arrested the alleged rapist Md Rafsan Hossain alias Rubel, 30, son of Md Mafizuddin alias Mafu Mia, a resident of Uttar Badda around 7.30pm yesterday, said a RAB official.
They also seized Taka 9,692 and a mobile phone set of the victim’s would be husband from the possession of the arrestee, RAB sources said.
Earlier on October 25 last, the Garo woman was allegedly rapped by Rubel in an abandoned house at Badda with help of some others.
The victim later filed a case with Badda Police Station accusing Rubel as the main culprit.
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 16 January Events