4 days after kidnap, college student found dead
Published : 17 Dec 2016, 17:14
A college student was found dead at Mohadebnagar village of Satkhira sadar upazila on Saturday morning, four days after he had been kidnapped.
The deceased was identified as Gautam Sarker of the village and a college student of Simanta Adarsho College in the upazila.
Quoting locals, police said Gautam went missing on Tuesday last. Gautam’s father, Ganesh Sarkar, said Gautam was watching a cricket match on Tuesday night at a local shop while someone called him over mobile phone and he went missing after that.
On Wednesday, Ganesh Sarkar was asked to pay Tk 500,000 in ransom over mobile phone. He filed a case with the Satkhira police station on Friday against six people of his locality in this connection.
Gautam’s body was recovered on Saturday morning. Locals noticed his body in the morning in a pond adjacent to his house. Later, police recovered the body.
Police arrested five people from the village in this connection.
The villagers torched the house of one of the six alleged kidnappers.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting