4 days after kidnap, college student found dead
Published : 17 Dec 2016, 17:14
A college student was found dead at Mohadebnagar village of Satkhira sadar upazila on Saturday morning, four days after he had been kidnapped.
The deceased was identified as Gautam Sarker of the village and a college student of Simanta Adarsho College in the upazila.
Quoting locals, police said Gautam went missing on Tuesday last. Gautam’s father, Ganesh Sarkar, said Gautam was watching a cricket match on Tuesday night at a local shop while someone called him over mobile phone and he went missing after that.
On Wednesday, Ganesh Sarkar was asked to pay Tk 500,000 in ransom over mobile phone. He filed a case with the Satkhira police station on Friday against six people of his locality in this connection.
Gautam’s body was recovered on Saturday morning. Locals noticed his body in the morning in a pond adjacent to his house. Later, police recovered the body.
Police arrested five people from the village in this connection.
The villagers torched the house of one of the six alleged kidnappers.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 16 January Births
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows