4 days after kidnap, college student found dead
Published : 17 Dec 2016, 17:14
A college student was found dead at Mohadebnagar village of Satkhira sadar upazila on Saturday morning, four days after he had been kidnapped.
The deceased was identified as Gautam Sarker of the village and a college student of Simanta Adarsho College in the upazila.
Quoting locals, police said Gautam went missing on Tuesday last. Gautam’s father, Ganesh Sarkar, said Gautam was watching a cricket match on Tuesday night at a local shop while someone called him over mobile phone and he went missing after that.
On Wednesday, Ganesh Sarkar was asked to pay Tk 500,000 in ransom over mobile phone. He filed a case with the Satkhira police station on Friday against six people of his locality in this connection.
Gautam’s body was recovered on Saturday morning. Locals noticed his body in the morning in a pond adjacent to his house. Later, police recovered the body.
Police arrested five people from the village in this connection.
The villagers torched the house of one of the six alleged kidnappers.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Over 100 die in Malaysian immigration camps in 2 years
- Shanghai streets rule by catwalks of stylish dogs
- Police drive at Nasirpur ‘militant den’ resumes
- ‘No turning back’ as Brexit triggered
- Summer skin care tips you must follow this season
- 5 fashion trends you need this summer
- Melania Trump Makes Case For Women's 'Empowerment'
- Comilla city polls begin
- 30 March Deaths
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal