4 days after kidnap, college student found dead
Published : 17 Dec 2016, 17:14
A college student was found dead at Mohadebnagar village of Satkhira sadar upazila on Saturday morning, four days after he had been kidnapped.
The deceased was identified as Gautam Sarker of the village and a college student of Simanta Adarsho College in the upazila.
Quoting locals, police said Gautam went missing on Tuesday last. Gautam’s father, Ganesh Sarkar, said Gautam was watching a cricket match on Tuesday night at a local shop while someone called him over mobile phone and he went missing after that.
On Wednesday, Ganesh Sarkar was asked to pay Tk 500,000 in ransom over mobile phone. He filed a case with the Satkhira police station on Friday against six people of his locality in this connection.
Gautam’s body was recovered on Saturday morning. Locals noticed his body in the morning in a pond adjacent to his house. Later, police recovered the body.
Police arrested five people from the village in this connection.
The villagers torched the house of one of the six alleged kidnappers.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- All about milk teeth
- Kaur leads India into final
- Speaker meets Vietnam National Assembly President
- Sherpur rapist father sentenced to 30 yrs jail
- Cop’s wife found dead in Jessore
- Five ways to beat the heat naturally!
- 5 of a family including 2 children died in Chittagong landslide
- 21 July Deaths
- 21 July Births
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- Maryam Mirzakhani, only woman to take math's highest award, dies at 40
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- '50% women face unwanted touching at markets'
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Case filed against Roopa Ganguly for rape remark
- Shah Rukh delights himself to traditional thali in Jaipur