Ivy goes to Sakhwat’s house with sweets
Published : 23 Dec 2016, 12:58
Re-elected Narayanganj mayor Selina Hayat Ivy of ruling Awami League went to meet her mayoral contender Sakhawat Hossain Khan of Bangladesh Nationalist Party at his residence this (Friday) morning after winning the Narayanganj mayoral elections.
Ivy went to Sakhwat’s house along with her brother Ali Reza at about 10:45am. Ali Reza said they went to Sakhwat’s house with sweets as Ivy won the Narayanganj mayoral elections.
Sakhwat welcomed Ivy along with his wife and offered help in her mayoral functions whenever needed.
According to returning officer Nuruzzaman Talukder, Ivy polled a total of 1,75,611 votes while her nearest rival Sakhawat managed to bag 96,044.
She expressed her gratitude to the people of Narayanganj for re-electing her as the guardian of the commercial city for the consecutive second term.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Maria Sharapova's return divides rivals
- Speed up relief operation in haor areas: PM
- Speaker off to Australia to join CPA meeting
- Maximum 2yrs jail for selling banned, tainted fish
- Be summer ready for office
- 1,400 families marooned in Moulvibazar
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic
- May on course for sweeping win: poll
- Mother, daughter at helm of global event
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack