Ivy goes to Sakhwat’s house with sweets
Published : 23 Dec 2016, 12:58
Re-elected Narayanganj mayor Selina Hayat Ivy of ruling Awami League went to meet her mayoral contender Sakhawat Hossain Khan of Bangladesh Nationalist Party at his residence this (Friday) morning after winning the Narayanganj mayoral elections.
Ivy went to Sakhwat’s house along with her brother Ali Reza at about 10:45am. Ali Reza said they went to Sakhwat’s house with sweets as Ivy won the Narayanganj mayoral elections.
Sakhwat welcomed Ivy along with his wife and offered help in her mayoral functions whenever needed.
According to returning officer Nuruzzaman Talukder, Ivy polled a total of 1,75,611 votes while her nearest rival Sakhawat managed to bag 96,044.
She expressed her gratitude to the people of Narayanganj for re-electing her as the guardian of the commercial city for the consecutive second term.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- India invites self-financed engineering and pharmacy students from Bangladesh
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Dial 109 to combat violence against women and children
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh pitching for UN recognition of Mar 25
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Mamata Banerjee rules out removing Bangabandhu's bust
- 20 March Deaths
- MA, MSS, MBA, MSc and M Mug exams postponed
- Guys stop doing this!
- Impulsive Facebook use cause brain imbalance
- Indonesia summons UK envoy over coral reef destruction
- PM advises children to take lessons of patriotism from early life
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu