PM leaves Jakarta for home
Published : 08 Mar 2017, 14:33
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina left here this morning for home after concluding her three-day official visit to Indonesia.
A Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight carrying the Prime Minister left Halim Pardana Kusuma International Airport, Jakarta at 10.15 local time.
Indonesian Minister for Industries Airlangga Hartarto and Bangladesh Ambassador to Indonesia Major General Azmal Kabir saw the Prime Minister off at the airport.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived at Jakarta on Monday to join the Leaders' Summit of Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA).
In the sideline of the Summit the Prime Minister held bilateral meeting with Indonesian President Joko Widodo, Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and State Minister of UAE Dr. Maitha Salem Al-Shamsi and discussed the issues relating to mutual interests.
Speaking the Summit Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday urged Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) leaders to dedicate themselves to strengthening maritime cooperation for a peaceful and prosperous Indian Ocean.
The premier particularly proposed setting up of a maritime university in Bangladesh to be called Indian Ocean Technical and Vocational University to create a pool of skilled mariners for the region.
In the meeting with Joko Widodo, Bangladesh Prime Minister requested the Indonesian president to play a role in sending back the Myanmar refugees from Bangladesh.
"Myanmar refugee issue has emerged as a big problem for Bangladesh and it needs to be resolved," the prime minister said.
In the meeting with President Maithripala Sirisena, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka agreed to expedite the process for signing Free Trade Agreement (FTA) to boost bilateral trade.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the meeting with State Minister of UAE Dr. Maitha Salem Al-Shamsi urged him to make the visa regime of his country easies for Bangladeshi nationals, especially for business persons.
The flight carrying the prime minister will reach Dhaka this afternoon.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister