PM leaves Jakarta for home
Published : 08 Mar 2017, 14:33
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina left here this morning for home after concluding her three-day official visit to Indonesia.
A Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight carrying the Prime Minister left Halim Pardana Kusuma International Airport, Jakarta at 10.15 local time.
Indonesian Minister for Industries Airlangga Hartarto and Bangladesh Ambassador to Indonesia Major General Azmal Kabir saw the Prime Minister off at the airport.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived at Jakarta on Monday to join the Leaders' Summit of Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA).
In the sideline of the Summit the Prime Minister held bilateral meeting with Indonesian President Joko Widodo, Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and State Minister of UAE Dr. Maitha Salem Al-Shamsi and discussed the issues relating to mutual interests.
Speaking the Summit Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday urged Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) leaders to dedicate themselves to strengthening maritime cooperation for a peaceful and prosperous Indian Ocean.
The premier particularly proposed setting up of a maritime university in Bangladesh to be called Indian Ocean Technical and Vocational University to create a pool of skilled mariners for the region.
In the meeting with Joko Widodo, Bangladesh Prime Minister requested the Indonesian president to play a role in sending back the Myanmar refugees from Bangladesh.
"Myanmar refugee issue has emerged as a big problem for Bangladesh and it needs to be resolved," the prime minister said.
In the meeting with President Maithripala Sirisena, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka agreed to expedite the process for signing Free Trade Agreement (FTA) to boost bilateral trade.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the meeting with State Minister of UAE Dr. Maitha Salem Al-Shamsi urged him to make the visa regime of his country easies for Bangladeshi nationals, especially for business persons.
The flight carrying the prime minister will reach Dhaka this afternoon.
- Most viewed
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- Mim to play a lawyer in ‘Sultan The Saviour’
- Woman flogged 100 times and then 'sexually assaulted' (Video)
- Married teacher is arrested over 'sexual relationship' with student, 13
- EU agrees on Brexit guidelines, sets deadline on Ireland
- 24 March Deaths
- 24 March Births
- 24 March Events
- 5 missing as boat capsizes in Shitalakkhya
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl