Call to resist violence and repression against women
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 15:03
Speakers at a views-exchange-meeting here on Sunday underscored the need for comprehensive efforts to eliminate all sorts of repression including sexual harassment and check the child early marriage in the society
They also called to build social movement to stop all kinds of violence and repression against women and girl.
The speakers said there is no alternative to building a social movement against violence and repression to have a better and peaceful society.
BRAC, a local non-government organization, orgnised the views- exchange meeting at Sadar Upazila parishad auditorium.
Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) of Narsingdi Sadar Salim Reza attended the meeting as chief guest with President of Narsingdi Press Club Morshed Shahariar in the chair.
District Information Officer (In-charge) Sanjida Amin and general secretary of Narsingdi Press Club Shofiqul Mohammad Manik addressed the meeting as special guests.
A total of 40 journalists from print and electronic media took part in the view exchange meeting.
Vice president of Narsingdi Press Club Moshiur Rahman Salim, former president Sarker Adam Ali, Journalists Monjila Milat, Bishajit Saha and Toffzal Hossain, among others, spoke on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- 26 March Deaths
- 26 March Births
- 26 March Events
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts
- Father hands over 2 sons to cops suspecting militants
- Bangladesh Bank Fire: Electric short circuit may be to blame
- Independence day today: Of valour and bravery
- Couple found dead in Bandarban
- Blood test may help detect cancer early
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- Cabinet approves draft law for planned land uses
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- ‘Beauty’ proves a beast in box-office
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building