Call to resist violence and repression against women
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 15:03
Speakers at a views-exchange-meeting here on Sunday underscored the need for comprehensive efforts to eliminate all sorts of repression including sexual harassment and check the child early marriage in the society
They also called to build social movement to stop all kinds of violence and repression against women and girl.
The speakers said there is no alternative to building a social movement against violence and repression to have a better and peaceful society.
BRAC, a local non-government organization, orgnised the views- exchange meeting at Sadar Upazila parishad auditorium.
Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) of Narsingdi Sadar Salim Reza attended the meeting as chief guest with President of Narsingdi Press Club Morshed Shahariar in the chair.
District Information Officer (In-charge) Sanjida Amin and general secretary of Narsingdi Press Club Shofiqul Mohammad Manik addressed the meeting as special guests.
A total of 40 journalists from print and electronic media took part in the view exchange meeting.
Vice president of Narsingdi Press Club Moshiur Rahman Salim, former president Sarker Adam Ali, Journalists Monjila Milat, Bishajit Saha and Toffzal Hossain, among others, spoke on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Don’t overdo stress or make-up on wedding day
- Female Sherpa from Nepal scales new heights
- Get the smear out before cervical cancer conquers you
- Indian court paves way for 'Padmaavat’ all-India release on 25 Jan
- Woman killed in city road crash
- PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga