Call to resist violence and repression against women
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 15:03
Speakers at a views-exchange-meeting here on Sunday underscored the need for comprehensive efforts to eliminate all sorts of repression including sexual harassment and check the child early marriage in the society
They also called to build social movement to stop all kinds of violence and repression against women and girl.
The speakers said there is no alternative to building a social movement against violence and repression to have a better and peaceful society.
BRAC, a local non-government organization, orgnised the views- exchange meeting at Sadar Upazila parishad auditorium.
Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) of Narsingdi Sadar Salim Reza attended the meeting as chief guest with President of Narsingdi Press Club Morshed Shahariar in the chair.
District Information Officer (In-charge) Sanjida Amin and general secretary of Narsingdi Press Club Shofiqul Mohammad Manik addressed the meeting as special guests.
A total of 40 journalists from print and electronic media took part in the view exchange meeting.
Vice president of Narsingdi Press Club Moshiur Rahman Salim, former president Sarker Adam Ali, Journalists Monjila Milat, Bishajit Saha and Toffzal Hossain, among others, spoke on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women