Call to resist violence and repression against women
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 15:03
Speakers at a views-exchange-meeting here on Sunday underscored the need for comprehensive efforts to eliminate all sorts of repression including sexual harassment and check the child early marriage in the society
They also called to build social movement to stop all kinds of violence and repression against women and girl.
The speakers said there is no alternative to building a social movement against violence and repression to have a better and peaceful society.
BRAC, a local non-government organization, orgnised the views- exchange meeting at Sadar Upazila parishad auditorium.
Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) of Narsingdi Sadar Salim Reza attended the meeting as chief guest with President of Narsingdi Press Club Morshed Shahariar in the chair.
District Information Officer (In-charge) Sanjida Amin and general secretary of Narsingdi Press Club Shofiqul Mohammad Manik addressed the meeting as special guests.
A total of 40 journalists from print and electronic media took part in the view exchange meeting.
Vice president of Narsingdi Press Club Moshiur Rahman Salim, former president Sarker Adam Ali, Journalists Monjila Milat, Bishajit Saha and Toffzal Hossain, among others, spoke on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Sonam Kapoor's fashion label wins PETA award
- Grape compounds can kill colon cancer cells: Research
- Computer training expediting women empowerment
- May softens tone on Brexit
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists
- Holy Lailatul Qadr tonight
- IS blows up landmark Mosul mosque
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Births
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Dhaka, Stockholm to fight terror together
- ‘No way out, pray our deaths are not painful.’- Engaged sister’s last words to brother
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- Burn injured housewife dies after fight for life