Call to resist violence and repression against women
Published : 13 Mar 2017, 15:03
Speakers at a views-exchange-meeting here on Sunday underscored the need for comprehensive efforts to eliminate all sorts of repression including sexual harassment and check the child early marriage in the society
They also called to build social movement to stop all kinds of violence and repression against women and girl.
The speakers said there is no alternative to building a social movement against violence and repression to have a better and peaceful society.
BRAC, a local non-government organization, orgnised the views- exchange meeting at Sadar Upazila parishad auditorium.
Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) of Narsingdi Sadar Salim Reza attended the meeting as chief guest with President of Narsingdi Press Club Morshed Shahariar in the chair.
District Information Officer (In-charge) Sanjida Amin and general secretary of Narsingdi Press Club Shofiqul Mohammad Manik addressed the meeting as special guests.
A total of 40 journalists from print and electronic media took part in the view exchange meeting.
Vice president of Narsingdi Press Club Moshiur Rahman Salim, former president Sarker Adam Ali, Journalists Monjila Milat, Bishajit Saha and Toffzal Hossain, among others, spoke on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- How to have beautiful toned body
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike