40 successful women get 'Joyeeta Reception' in Rajshahi
Published : 05 Apr 2017, 18:36
Forty women were accorded 'Joyeeta Reception' here today for their success in five different sectors.
Rajshahi divisional administration organised the function titled "Joyeeta Annesone Bangladesh" at Rajshahi Medical College auditorium with the cooperation of ministry of women and children affairs and directorate of women affairs.
Secretary to Women and Children Affairs Ministry Nasima Begum and Director General of Directorate of Women Affairs Shaheen Ahmed Chowdhury attended the function as chief and special guests respectively while Rajshahi Divisional Commissioner Noor-Ur-Rahman presided over the function.
The function was also addressed, among others, by Principal of Rajshahi Medical College Prof Dr Anwar Habib, Additional Divisional Commissioner Aminul Islam, Deputy Commissioner of Rajshahi Kazi Ashraf Uddin, District Women Affairs Officer of Rajshahi Shahnaj Begum and social worker Shaheen Akter Rainy.
The speakers said government has taken various initiatives to create women-friendly atmosphere in the country so that the women can play an important role for country's socioeconomic development.
The successful women were titled Joyeeta (a Bengali word for winning women). Joyeeta Onneshone Bangladesh, a government initiative introduced in 2009, has a tremendous impact on the society.
Grassroots women have responded well to the initiative, showing a positive indicator of women's empowerment, the speakers said. Recognition to women through the Joyeeta award would further encourage them to face various challenges more confidently and become role models for the society, they hoped.
Five women were selected as 'Joyeeta' in five different categories by the respective Union committee and later by the upazila, district and divisional committees under the guidance of the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs, the organisers of the programme informed.
Forty women were been recognised at the upazila, district and divisional level of Rajshahi for their extraordinary achievements in different fields of development.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack