Heavy rain forecast in 6 divisions
Published : 24 Apr 2017, 13:16
Bangladesh meteorological department forecast heavy to very heavy rain in Dhaka, Chittagong, Mymensingh, Sylhet, Khulna and Barisal divisions.
In the latest special bulletin, the met office said: Steep pressure Gradient persists over North Bay.
Squally weather may affect the maritime ports, North Bay and adjoining coastal areas of Bangladesh.
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox’s Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted local cautionary signal no. 3.
The bulletin also advised all fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay to remain close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice.
- Most viewed
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Germany approves extension of Afghanistan, Mali deployments
- Dhaka University ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit results published
- Indian folk singer shot dead after receiving ‘life-threat’
- Elderly woman killed in Bhola road crash