2 female workers die in Jessore train-bus collision
Published : 10 May 2017, 15:32
Two female workers killed and 30 others were injured as a train hit a bus at Nawapara Taltala level crossing in Abhaynagar upazila in Tuesday night.
The bus was returning from Akij Jute Mill with its workers on board said Abhaynagar police station officer-in-charge Abdur Rahim.
When the vehicle reached Nawapara Taltala level crossing a Jessore-bound speeding train from Khulna hit the bus around 10:30 pm, leaving two of the workers - Kadbanu, 52, and Nur Jahan, 50, dead on the spot and injuring 30, said Rustam Ali, station master of Nawapara Railway Station.
The injured were admitted to Abhaynagar upazila health complex.
However, the train communication of Dhaka with the northern region remained cut off following the accident, Rustam Ali added.
- Most viewed
- A sweet sinful summer affair
- So you’ve worked hard and want to sustain all that weight you’ve lost? Then stay away from dieting
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- Mim to play a lawyer in ‘Sultan The Saviour’
- Woman flogged 100 times and then 'sexually assaulted' (Video)
- Married teacher is arrested over 'sexual relationship' with student, 13
- EU agrees on Brexit guidelines, sets deadline on Ireland
- 24 March Deaths
- 24 March Births
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism