2 female workers die in Jessore train-bus collision
Published : 10 May 2017, 15:32
Two female workers killed and 30 others were injured as a train hit a bus at Nawapara Taltala level crossing in Abhaynagar upazila in Tuesday night.
The bus was returning from Akij Jute Mill with its workers on board said Abhaynagar police station officer-in-charge Abdur Rahim.
When the vehicle reached Nawapara Taltala level crossing a Jessore-bound speeding train from Khulna hit the bus around 10:30 pm, leaving two of the workers - Kadbanu, 52, and Nur Jahan, 50, dead on the spot and injuring 30, said Rustam Ali, station master of Nawapara Railway Station.
The injured were admitted to Abhaynagar upazila health complex.
However, the train communication of Dhaka with the northern region remained cut off following the accident, Rustam Ali added.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf