2 female workers die in Jessore train-bus collision
Published : 10 May 2017, 15:32
Two female workers killed and 30 others were injured as a train hit a bus at Nawapara Taltala level crossing in Abhaynagar upazila in Tuesday night.
The bus was returning from Akij Jute Mill with its workers on board said Abhaynagar police station officer-in-charge Abdur Rahim.
When the vehicle reached Nawapara Taltala level crossing a Jessore-bound speeding train from Khulna hit the bus around 10:30 pm, leaving two of the workers - Kadbanu, 52, and Nur Jahan, 50, dead on the spot and injuring 30, said Rustam Ali, station master of Nawapara Railway Station.
The injured were admitted to Abhaynagar upazila health complex.
However, the train communication of Dhaka with the northern region remained cut off following the accident, Rustam Ali added.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- 2 women surrender as cops cordon off Meherpur ‘militant den’
- Court orders de-sealing of hotel room where Sunanda died
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Deaths
- 22 July Births
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- Maryam Mirzakhani, only woman to take math's highest award, dies at 40
- '50% women face unwanted touching at markets'
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Case filed against Roopa Ganguly for rape remark
- Shah Rukh delights himself to traditional thali in Jaipur
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore