2 female workers die in Jessore train-bus collision
Published : 10 May 2017, 15:32
Two female workers killed and 30 others were injured as a train hit a bus at Nawapara Taltala level crossing in Abhaynagar upazila in Tuesday night.
The bus was returning from Akij Jute Mill with its workers on board said Abhaynagar police station officer-in-charge Abdur Rahim.
When the vehicle reached Nawapara Taltala level crossing a Jessore-bound speeding train from Khulna hit the bus around 10:30 pm, leaving two of the workers - Kadbanu, 52, and Nur Jahan, 50, dead on the spot and injuring 30, said Rustam Ali, station master of Nawapara Railway Station.
The injured were admitted to Abhaynagar upazila health complex.
However, the train communication of Dhaka with the northern region remained cut off following the accident, Rustam Ali added.
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike