2 female workers die in Jessore train-bus collision
Published : 10 May 2017, 15:32
Two female workers killed and 30 others were injured as a train hit a bus at Nawapara Taltala level crossing in Abhaynagar upazila in Tuesday night.
The bus was returning from Akij Jute Mill with its workers on board said Abhaynagar police station officer-in-charge Abdur Rahim.
When the vehicle reached Nawapara Taltala level crossing a Jessore-bound speeding train from Khulna hit the bus around 10:30 pm, leaving two of the workers - Kadbanu, 52, and Nur Jahan, 50, dead on the spot and injuring 30, said Rustam Ali, station master of Nawapara Railway Station.
The injured were admitted to Abhaynagar upazila health complex.
However, the train communication of Dhaka with the northern region remained cut off following the accident, Rustam Ali added.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister