‘People of no religion safe in AL govt’s hands’
Published : 10 May 2017, 15:37
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Tuesday night accused the ruling party men of torturing minority communities.
"No one has security in the country now...in fact, people of no religion are secure under the rule of the current regime. The country and its people are not safe in Awami League's hands," she said.
Khaleda, also a former prime minister, came up with the remarks while exchanging greetings with members of the Buddhist community at her Gulshan office on the occasion of Buddha Purnima.
Referring to the attacks on Buddhist temples at Ramu in 2012, she said, "You (Buddhist people) had to go through immense sufferings and you were also attacked. We visited there (Ramu) and saw how you're tortured."
She further said everyone knows who carried out the attack. "The ruling party men unleashed it."
The BNP chief also described Awami League as a chameleon and urged all to get united to save the country from its misrule.
She also sought the Buddhist community's support to her party's movement to 'restore' democracy and good governance in the country.
The member of the Buddhist community greeted Khaleda presenting a bouquet to her on the occasion of Buddha Purnima.
Buddha Purnima, the biggest religious festival of the Buddhist community, will be celebrated in the country on Wednesday.
- Most viewed
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge