Employment Injury Scheme soon for workers: PM
Published : 12 May 2017, 11:41
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday said her government is going to introduce a long-term and sustainable Employment Injury Scheme soon to ensure better benefits and support for workers.
"In the wake of recent incidents in RMG factories, we've got an impression that we need huge funds to provide compensations in case of any severe accident. The way-out is to introduce a long-term and sustainable employment injury scheme. We've already started working to this end," she said.
Sheikh Hasina was addressing a function marking the distribution of cheques of financial assistance among 64 people, including successors of the deceased workers and their meritorious children studying in medical, engineering and agriculture disciplines from the fund of Bangladesh Workers Welfare Foundation at her office.
- Most viewed
- SMEs’ contribution to economy huge: Speaker
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- Bangladeshi arrested in New York after ‘suicide blast’ attempt
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held
- Speaker for forging unity to uphold human rights
- Muggers shoot woman in Tikatuli
- PM leaves for Paris to attend 'One Planet Summit
- 11 December Deaths