Employment Injury Scheme soon for workers: PM
Published : 12 May 2017, 11:41
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday said her government is going to introduce a long-term and sustainable Employment Injury Scheme soon to ensure better benefits and support for workers.
"In the wake of recent incidents in RMG factories, we've got an impression that we need huge funds to provide compensations in case of any severe accident. The way-out is to introduce a long-term and sustainable employment injury scheme. We've already started working to this end," she said.
Sheikh Hasina was addressing a function marking the distribution of cheques of financial assistance among 64 people, including successors of the deceased workers and their meritorious children studying in medical, engineering and agriculture disciplines from the fund of Bangladesh Workers Welfare Foundation at her office.
- Most viewed
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Kalki Koechlin nude photo shoot is all about loving your nakedness
- Fruit Salad with Ice Cream
- Sixth Australian MP in eligibility trouble
- Be a best friend to your teenage child
- Housewife’s body washed away by flood recovered
- 18 August Deaths
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Events