Employment Injury Scheme soon for workers: PM
Published : 12 May 2017, 11:41
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday said her government is going to introduce a long-term and sustainable Employment Injury Scheme soon to ensure better benefits and support for workers.
"In the wake of recent incidents in RMG factories, we've got an impression that we need huge funds to provide compensations in case of any severe accident. The way-out is to introduce a long-term and sustainable employment injury scheme. We've already started working to this end," she said.
Sheikh Hasina was addressing a function marking the distribution of cheques of financial assistance among 64 people, including successors of the deceased workers and their meritorious children studying in medical, engineering and agriculture disciplines from the fund of Bangladesh Workers Welfare Foundation at her office.
- Most viewed
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge