Employment Injury Scheme soon for workers: PM
Published : 12 May 2017, 11:41
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday said her government is going to introduce a long-term and sustainable Employment Injury Scheme soon to ensure better benefits and support for workers.
"In the wake of recent incidents in RMG factories, we've got an impression that we need huge funds to provide compensations in case of any severe accident. The way-out is to introduce a long-term and sustainable employment injury scheme. We've already started working to this end," she said.
Sheikh Hasina was addressing a function marking the distribution of cheques of financial assistance among 64 people, including successors of the deceased workers and their meritorious children studying in medical, engineering and agriculture disciplines from the fund of Bangladesh Workers Welfare Foundation at her office.
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'