Jhenidah drive ends, 2 suicide vests defused
Published : 17 May 2017, 17:54
Law enforcers ended a two-day raid in what they said was a hideout of two detained militants in Jhenidah and deactivated two suicide vests this morning.
A disposal unit led by Rapid Action Battalion resumed the drive around 9:30am and packed up by two hours.
Today, two suicide vests were defused, Rab-6 Commander Maj Monir Ahmed told The Daily Star. He added, further details will be disclosed at a briefing later.
The raid at Chuadanga village of Jhenidah Sadar was under siege since the wee hours of yesterday. Two owners of the house were detained as suspects.
- Most viewed
- Show off your baby bump in trendy wears
- President, PM greet civil servants on Public Service Day
- Nothing speaks of love more than roses in June
- Sonam Kapoor's fashion label wins PETA award
- Grape compounds can kill colon cancer cells: Research
- Computer training expediting women empowerment
- May softens tone on Brexit
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists
- Holy Lailatul Qadr tonight
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Dhaka, Stockholm to fight terror together
- ‘No way out, pray our deaths are not painful.’- Engaged sister’s last words to brother
- Burn injured housewife dies after fight for life
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid