Jhenidah drive ends, 2 suicide vests defused
Published : 17 May 2017, 17:54
Law enforcers ended a two-day raid in what they said was a hideout of two detained militants in Jhenidah and deactivated two suicide vests this morning.
A disposal unit led by Rapid Action Battalion resumed the drive around 9:30am and packed up by two hours.
Today, two suicide vests were defused, Rab-6 Commander Maj Monir Ahmed told The Daily Star. He added, further details will be disclosed at a briefing later.
The raid at Chuadanga village of Jhenidah Sadar was under siege since the wee hours of yesterday. Two owners of the house were detained as suspects.
- Most viewed
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- PM seeks expeditious UN attempts to end Rohingya crisis
- 23 September Deaths
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Events
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike