Jhenidah drive ends, 2 suicide vests defused
Published : 17 May 2017, 17:54
Law enforcers ended a two-day raid in what they said was a hideout of two detained militants in Jhenidah and deactivated two suicide vests this morning.
A disposal unit led by Rapid Action Battalion resumed the drive around 9:30am and packed up by two hours.
Today, two suicide vests were defused, Rab-6 Commander Maj Monir Ahmed told The Daily Star. He added, further details will be disclosed at a briefing later.
The raid at Chuadanga village of Jhenidah Sadar was under siege since the wee hours of yesterday. Two owners of the house were detained as suspects.
- Most viewed
- PM distributes National Film Awards-2015
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina
- Easy tips to prevent and treat cough, cold during monsoon
- The wonder bowl of beauty
- Tips to stay fit this rainy season
- Princes regret brief last call with Diana
- Student commits suicide failing to get desired marks in HSC exam
- PM to distribute National Film Awards-2015 today
- 25 July Deaths
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
- Don’t ruin fish market for small gains, PM to exporters