Jhenidah drive ends, 2 suicide vests defused
Published : 17 May 2017, 17:54
Law enforcers ended a two-day raid in what they said was a hideout of two detained militants in Jhenidah and deactivated two suicide vests this morning.
A disposal unit led by Rapid Action Battalion resumed the drive around 9:30am and packed up by two hours.
Today, two suicide vests were defused, Rab-6 Commander Maj Monir Ahmed told The Daily Star. He added, further details will be disclosed at a briefing later.
The raid at Chuadanga village of Jhenidah Sadar was under siege since the wee hours of yesterday. Two owners of the house were detained as suspects.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry