PM accorded red carpet reception in Stockholm
Published : 15 Jun 2017, 11:18
A red carpet was rolled out as Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived here last night on a three-day bilateral visit at the invitation of her Swedish counterpart Stefan Lofven.
A Scandinavian Airlines flight carrying the prime minister and members of her entourage landed at Arlanda Airport in the Swedish capital at about 9:40 pm local time.
Chief of Protocol of Swedish Foreign Ministry Ambassador Klas Molin, Bangladesh Ambassador in Stockholm Golam Sarwar and Swedish Ambassador in Dhaka Johan Frisell were present at the airport to receive the prime minister.
Later, the prime minister was given a guard of honour by the Swedish armed forces.
This is the first-ever bilateral visit by any head of government or state of Bangladesh to Sweden.
Sheikh Rehana, younger daughter of Father of the Nation Bangabanadhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, is accompanying the prime minister during her visit to Sweden.
On her way to Stockholm from Dhaka, the prime minister made about 24-hour stopover in London.
From the Arlanda Airport in Stockholm, a ceremonial motorcade escorted the prime minister to Grand Hotel where she will be staying during her visit to Sweden.
On her arrival at the hotel, the prime minister was welcomed by the leaders of All European Awami League.
Sheikh Hasina, who is leading a high-powered team including a 47-member business delegation, will hold official talks with Swedish Premier Stefan Lofven at the Prime Minister's Office here today.
Before the talks, the two leaders will hold a one-to-one meeting.
The premier will visit Swedish Parliament today and hold a meeting with acting Speaker Tobias Billstrom.
Sheikh Hasina will have an audience with Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf at Royal Castle and attend a lunch to be hosted by the Swedish premier.
She will join a community reception this evening and Bangladesh-Sweden Business and Investment Forum tomorrow.
She is expected to hold meetings with CEO of H&M Karl-Johan Persson and President of Investor Jacob Wallenberg, Vice-President of Investor Marcus Wallenberg and CEO of ABB Sweden Johan Soderstrom.
Concluding her three-day visit to Sweden, the premier will return home on June 17 via London.
- Most viewed
- Road crash kills 16 garments workers in Rangpur
- 24 June Deaths
- 24 June Births
- 24 June Events
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists