5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
Published : 19 Jun 2017, 16:56
A district court on Monday (June 19) has sentenced death penalty to five people for raping and killing a housewife in Chapai Nawabganj.
Judge of Chapai Nawabganj Woman and Child Repression Prevention Tribunal-2 Ziaur Rahman also fined the convict Tk 1 lakh each.
The death row convicts are- Jibon, Ketab, Alamgir, Nurul Islam and Jenarul. All of them are hailing from Shibganj upazila of the district.
The court passed the order in presence of the convicts and also acquitted six others in the case as the prosecution was failed to produce enough evidence against them.
According to the case statement, on April 20 in 2014, one of the convict Jibon allured Manira Begum from his house by promising to marry her in Biswanathpur area of Shibganj upazila.
Later Jibon with assistance of four other convicts killed Manira after raping her in a nearby corn field. Deceased’s mother Sulekha Begum filed a case with Shibganj police station.
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM