5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
Published : 19 Jun 2017, 16:56
A district court on Monday (June 19) has sentenced death penalty to five people for raping and killing a housewife in Chapai Nawabganj.
Judge of Chapai Nawabganj Woman and Child Repression Prevention Tribunal-2 Ziaur Rahman also fined the convict Tk 1 lakh each.
The death row convicts are- Jibon, Ketab, Alamgir, Nurul Islam and Jenarul. All of them are hailing from Shibganj upazila of the district.
The court passed the order in presence of the convicts and also acquitted six others in the case as the prosecution was failed to produce enough evidence against them.
According to the case statement, on April 20 in 2014, one of the convict Jibon allured Manira Begum from his house by promising to marry her in Biswanathpur area of Shibganj upazila.
Later Jibon with assistance of four other convicts killed Manira after raping her in a nearby corn field. Deceased’s mother Sulekha Begum filed a case with Shibganj police station.
- Most viewed
- Priya Prakash Varrier is not allowed to use a mobile phone
- PM goes to Tungipara tomorrow to pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Suicide trend among women on the rise in Sylhet
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- 16 March Deaths
- 16 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims