5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
Published : 19 Jun 2017, 16:56
A district court on Monday (June 19) has sentenced death penalty to five people for raping and killing a housewife in Chapai Nawabganj.
Judge of Chapai Nawabganj Woman and Child Repression Prevention Tribunal-2 Ziaur Rahman also fined the convict Tk 1 lakh each.
The death row convicts are- Jibon, Ketab, Alamgir, Nurul Islam and Jenarul. All of them are hailing from Shibganj upazila of the district.
The court passed the order in presence of the convicts and also acquitted six others in the case as the prosecution was failed to produce enough evidence against them.
According to the case statement, on April 20 in 2014, one of the convict Jibon allured Manira Begum from his house by promising to marry her in Biswanathpur area of Shibganj upazila.
Later Jibon with assistance of four other convicts killed Manira after raping her in a nearby corn field. Deceased’s mother Sulekha Begum filed a case with Shibganj police station.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack