5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
Published : 19 Jun 2017, 16:56
A district court on Monday (June 19) has sentenced death penalty to five people for raping and killing a housewife in Chapai Nawabganj.
Judge of Chapai Nawabganj Woman and Child Repression Prevention Tribunal-2 Ziaur Rahman also fined the convict Tk 1 lakh each.
The death row convicts are- Jibon, Ketab, Alamgir, Nurul Islam and Jenarul. All of them are hailing from Shibganj upazila of the district.
The court passed the order in presence of the convicts and also acquitted six others in the case as the prosecution was failed to produce enough evidence against them.
According to the case statement, on April 20 in 2014, one of the convict Jibon allured Manira Begum from his house by promising to marry her in Biswanathpur area of Shibganj upazila.
Later Jibon with assistance of four other convicts killed Manira after raping her in a nearby corn field. Deceased’s mother Sulekha Begum filed a case with Shibganj police station.
- Most viewed
- Road crash kills 16 garments workers in Rangpur
- 24 June Deaths
- 24 June Births
- 24 June Events
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists