3 suspected female militants held in Kushtia
Published : 01 Jul 2017, 10:32
Police arrested three alleged female militants along with suicidal vests from a suspected militant den in Banonpara area of Bheramara upazila headquarters early Saturday.
Tithi, wife of Neo-JMB Ameer Ayub Ali alias Sajib and Sumaiya, wife of second-in-command of Neo-JMB were among the three militants, said S M Mehedi Hasan, superintendent of Kushtia Police.
The SP said that a joint team of police, Rapid Action Battalion (Rab), and Detective Branch (DB) of police cordoned off a house owned by a Masud adjacent to Taltola Mosque around 12:00 am suspecting the house as militant den.
Later, a unit of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) Unit from Dhaka reached the spot around 3:00 am.
When the joint team moved towards the house, a female militant, wearing a suicidal vest, tried to attack them.
However, the unit managed to detain the female before the vest went off, said the SP.
Later, they also arrested two other female militants.
The drive is underway until filing of the report at 8:50am.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf