3 suspected female militants held in Kushtia
Published : 01 Jul 2017, 10:32
Police arrested three alleged female militants along with suicidal vests from a suspected militant den in Banonpara area of Bheramara upazila headquarters early Saturday.
Tithi, wife of Neo-JMB Ameer Ayub Ali alias Sajib and Sumaiya, wife of second-in-command of Neo-JMB were among the three militants, said S M Mehedi Hasan, superintendent of Kushtia Police.
The SP said that a joint team of police, Rapid Action Battalion (Rab), and Detective Branch (DB) of police cordoned off a house owned by a Masud adjacent to Taltola Mosque around 12:00 am suspecting the house as militant den.
Later, a unit of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) Unit from Dhaka reached the spot around 3:00 am.
When the joint team moved towards the house, a female militant, wearing a suicidal vest, tried to attack them.
However, the unit managed to detain the female before the vest went off, said the SP.
Later, they also arrested two other female militants.
The drive is underway until filing of the report at 8:50am.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling