3 suspected female militants held in Kushtia
Published : 01 Jul 2017, 10:32
Police arrested three alleged female militants along with suicidal vests from a suspected militant den in Banonpara area of Bheramara upazila headquarters early Saturday.
Tithi, wife of Neo-JMB Ameer Ayub Ali alias Sajib and Sumaiya, wife of second-in-command of Neo-JMB were among the three militants, said S M Mehedi Hasan, superintendent of Kushtia Police.
The SP said that a joint team of police, Rapid Action Battalion (Rab), and Detective Branch (DB) of police cordoned off a house owned by a Masud adjacent to Taltola Mosque around 12:00 am suspecting the house as militant den.
Later, a unit of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) Unit from Dhaka reached the spot around 3:00 am.
When the joint team moved towards the house, a female militant, wearing a suicidal vest, tried to attack them.
However, the unit managed to detain the female before the vest went off, said the SP.
Later, they also arrested two other female militants.
The drive is underway until filing of the report at 8:50am.
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- 22 July Events
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina