3 suspected female militants held in Kushtia
Published : 01 Jul 2017, 10:32
Police arrested three alleged female militants along with suicidal vests from a suspected militant den in Banonpara area of Bheramara upazila headquarters early Saturday.
Tithi, wife of Neo-JMB Ameer Ayub Ali alias Sajib and Sumaiya, wife of second-in-command of Neo-JMB were among the three militants, said S M Mehedi Hasan, superintendent of Kushtia Police.
The SP said that a joint team of police, Rapid Action Battalion (Rab), and Detective Branch (DB) of police cordoned off a house owned by a Masud adjacent to Taltola Mosque around 12:00 am suspecting the house as militant den.
Later, a unit of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) Unit from Dhaka reached the spot around 3:00 am.
When the joint team moved towards the house, a female militant, wearing a suicidal vest, tried to attack them.
However, the unit managed to detain the female before the vest went off, said the SP.
Later, they also arrested two other female militants.
The drive is underway until filing of the report at 8:50am.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge