Promised acting role, 2 women gang-raped
Published : 08 Jul 2017, 11:02
Two young women were allegedly gang-raped by a former Detective Branch informant and his associates in Savar on Thursday night.
The victims were promised that they would be given opportunity to play a part in television play.
The police detained two persons in connection with the incident but the key accused fled the scene.
The police confirmed that there were symptoms of rape.
According to the victims, they are music video models and live in Gazipur. Some three months ago, they were introduced with one Liton Mondol over phone.
Liton was said to have asked them to come to Savar on Thursday for making a deal on their role in a TV play. When they reached Savar around 9:00pm, Liton took them in a building 'Legend Building', close to the DB Office of Sobhanbag police in Savar municipality area.
Then, Liton and two of his associates confined the victims and raped them one after another, alleged the victims.
On hearing screams, local people rescued the girls.
Liton and his associates, however, managed to flee.
The police went there later and took the victims into their custody.
One of the girls lodged a complaint in this connection with Savar model police station on Friday.
The rescued victims were sent to the One Stop Crisis Centre of Dhaka Medical College Hospital for medical treatment.
Officer-in-charge of DB police AFM Sayed said Liton was once an informant of DB police but he was later sued for his involvement with different criminal activities.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf