Promised acting role, 2 women gang-raped
Published : 08 Jul 2017, 11:02
Two young women were allegedly gang-raped by a former Detective Branch informant and his associates in Savar on Thursday night.
The victims were promised that they would be given opportunity to play a part in television play.
The police detained two persons in connection with the incident but the key accused fled the scene.
The police confirmed that there were symptoms of rape.
According to the victims, they are music video models and live in Gazipur. Some three months ago, they were introduced with one Liton Mondol over phone.
Liton was said to have asked them to come to Savar on Thursday for making a deal on their role in a TV play. When they reached Savar around 9:00pm, Liton took them in a building 'Legend Building', close to the DB Office of Sobhanbag police in Savar municipality area.
Then, Liton and two of his associates confined the victims and raped them one after another, alleged the victims.
On hearing screams, local people rescued the girls.
Liton and his associates, however, managed to flee.
The police went there later and took the victims into their custody.
One of the girls lodged a complaint in this connection with Savar model police station on Friday.
The rescued victims were sent to the One Stop Crisis Centre of Dhaka Medical College Hospital for medical treatment.
Officer-in-charge of DB police AFM Sayed said Liton was once an informant of DB police but he was later sued for his involvement with different criminal activities.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- 22 July Events
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina