Bogra girl dies as truck crashes into house
Published : 10 Jul 2017, 17:53
A 12-year-old schoolgirl was crushed in her sleep after a truck veered off the road and ploughed her house on Bogra-Natore highway at Omarpur in Nandigram upazila early Monday.
The deceased was identified as Rita Khatun, 12, daughter of Raju Ahmed and class-III student of Hatua Government Primary School.
Quoting locals, Nandigram Police Station officer-in-charge Abdur Razzak said that the driver of the truck lost control over the steering and ploughed the house, killing the girl who was asleep inside it around 1:00 am.
On information, police rushed to the spot and seized the truck. However, its driver and helper managed to flee the spot.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android