Bogra girl dies as truck crashes into house
Published : 10 Jul 2017, 17:53
A 12-year-old schoolgirl was crushed in her sleep after a truck veered off the road and ploughed her house on Bogra-Natore highway at Omarpur in Nandigram upazila early Monday.
The deceased was identified as Rita Khatun, 12, daughter of Raju Ahmed and class-III student of Hatua Government Primary School.
Quoting locals, Nandigram Police Station officer-in-charge Abdur Razzak said that the driver of the truck lost control over the steering and ploughed the house, killing the girl who was asleep inside it around 1:00 am.
On information, police rushed to the spot and seized the truck. However, its driver and helper managed to flee the spot.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- Bangladesh's graduation to developing country a slap to critics: PM
- 16-year-old Mitu first Bangladeshi girl to cross Bangla Channel
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 20 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe