Bogra girl dies as truck crashes into house
Published : 10 Jul 2017, 17:53
A 12-year-old schoolgirl was crushed in her sleep after a truck veered off the road and ploughed her house on Bogra-Natore highway at Omarpur in Nandigram upazila early Monday.
The deceased was identified as Rita Khatun, 12, daughter of Raju Ahmed and class-III student of Hatua Government Primary School.
Quoting locals, Nandigram Police Station officer-in-charge Abdur Razzak said that the driver of the truck lost control over the steering and ploughed the house, killing the girl who was asleep inside it around 1:00 am.
On information, police rushed to the spot and seized the truck. However, its driver and helper managed to flee the spot.
- Most viewed
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- 18 October Births
- 18 October Events
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Speaker for playing effective role in solving Rohingya crisis
- Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
- Dhaka 7th worst megacity for women: Poll
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- 15 October Events
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 15 October Deaths
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations