Shafat, 4 others indicted in Banani double rape case
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 13:06
Five accused including Ahmed Shafat and his aide Nayeem Ashraf were indicted today on charge of raping two university students at a Banani hotel in Dhaka.
Judge Shafiul Azam of Second Tribunal for Prevention of Women and Children Repression framed the charges against Shafat, Nayeem, Shadman Sakif, Shafat's driver Billal and bodyguard Abul Kalam Azad in their presence at the courtroom.
- Most viewed
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- 1000-handed idol of Durga
- Woman’s throat-slit body found, 4 arrested
- Merkel wins 4th term as nationalists enter German parliament
- UN finds rape evidence in Myanmar's crackdown on Rohingyas
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents