Sirisena-Hasina bilateral talks on
Published : 14 Jul 2017, 11:57
Visiting Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina are now in a bilateral meeting at the Prime Minister's Office in Dhaka.
Prior to sitting in the bilateral talks, President Sirisena and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had a tete-a-tete for a while from 10:15am.
Earlier, Sheikh Hasina received the Sri Lankan President on his arrival at the PMO this morning.
Fourteen instruments, including one to facilitate the plying of feeder vessels between the two countries, are likely to be signed after the official talks.
President Sirisena arrived in Dhaka yesterday on a three-day state visit, highlighting the growing ties between Dhaka and Colombo.
- Most viewed
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Only 1/5 of displaced Rohingyas’ needs funded: UNFPA
- Hasina, Modi to inaugurate Bangladesh Bhaban today
- PM Hasina in Santiniketan on a two-day visit to Kolkata
- PM Hasina talks to ailing Mahmoud Abbas over phone
- Priyanka asks world to learn from Bangladesh
- PM Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka for Kolkata
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule