Bangladesh, Sri Lanka sign 14 instruments
2 countries agree to sign FTA this year
Published : 14 Jul 2017, 12:59
Bangladesh and Sri Lanka today signed 14 instruments, including one between Shipping Corporations of the two countries.
The signing ceremony was held at the Prime Minister's Office in Dhaka after a bilateral meeting between visiting Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka agreed to sign Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the two countries within this year to boost trade cooperation between the two countries.
Foreign Secretary M Shahidul Haque said this while briefing reporters after the official talks.
Prior to sitting for the bilateral talks, President Sirisena and Prime Minister Hasina had a tete-a-tete for a while from 10:15am.
Earlier, Sheikh Hasina received the Sri Lankan President on his arrival at the PMO at 10:00am.
President Sirisena arrived in Dhaka yesterday on a three-day state visit, highlighting the growing ties between Dhaka and Colombo.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf