Bangladesh, Sri Lanka sign 14 instruments
2 countries agree to sign FTA this year
Published : 14 Jul 2017, 12:59
Bangladesh and Sri Lanka today signed 14 instruments, including one between Shipping Corporations of the two countries.
The signing ceremony was held at the Prime Minister's Office in Dhaka after a bilateral meeting between visiting Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka agreed to sign Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the two countries within this year to boost trade cooperation between the two countries.
Foreign Secretary M Shahidul Haque said this while briefing reporters after the official talks.
Prior to sitting for the bilateral talks, President Sirisena and Prime Minister Hasina had a tete-a-tete for a while from 10:15am.
Earlier, Sheikh Hasina received the Sri Lankan President on his arrival at the PMO at 10:00am.
President Sirisena arrived in Dhaka yesterday on a three-day state visit, highlighting the growing ties between Dhaka and Colombo.
- Most viewed
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- A four day Baul and Vaishnav music festival will begin on 28 April in East London
- Abducted minor girl rescued from Cox’s Bazar, 2 held
- Rape accused killed in Chattogram ‘gunfight’
- Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik expecting first child
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- ‘Dead’ baby finally dies
- Justice demanded on Rana Plaza anniversary
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira