Bangladesh, Sri Lanka sign 14 instruments
2 countries agree to sign FTA this year
Published : 14 Jul 2017, 12:59
Bangladesh and Sri Lanka today signed 14 instruments, including one between Shipping Corporations of the two countries.
The signing ceremony was held at the Prime Minister's Office in Dhaka after a bilateral meeting between visiting Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka agreed to sign Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the two countries within this year to boost trade cooperation between the two countries.
Foreign Secretary M Shahidul Haque said this while briefing reporters after the official talks.
Prior to sitting for the bilateral talks, President Sirisena and Prime Minister Hasina had a tete-a-tete for a while from 10:15am.
Earlier, Sheikh Hasina received the Sri Lankan President on his arrival at the PMO at 10:00am.
President Sirisena arrived in Dhaka yesterday on a three-day state visit, highlighting the growing ties between Dhaka and Colombo.
- Most viewed
- Sleeping late? Check your diet
- Vidya Balan, Rahul Bose tie up for a cause!
- EC fully independent, PM tells French envoy
- Why it is important for women to eat with their families
- Three men sentenced to death for killing 4 Habiganj kids
- Saima Wazed receives international award for fighting autism
- Smell like roses: Use the petals to treat acne and de-stress. We tell you how
- Photos: Mire madness as hundreds run, crawl and fight at Boryeong Mud Festival
- Sonakshi Sinha: I was always the pampered one
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- 22 July Deaths
- Cop’s wife found dead in Jessore
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Births