Bangladesh, Sri Lanka sign 14 instruments
2 countries agree to sign FTA this year
Published : 14 Jul 2017, 12:59
Bangladesh and Sri Lanka today signed 14 instruments, including one between Shipping Corporations of the two countries.
The signing ceremony was held at the Prime Minister's Office in Dhaka after a bilateral meeting between visiting Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka agreed to sign Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the two countries within this year to boost trade cooperation between the two countries.
Foreign Secretary M Shahidul Haque said this while briefing reporters after the official talks.
Prior to sitting for the bilateral talks, President Sirisena and Prime Minister Hasina had a tete-a-tete for a while from 10:15am.
Earlier, Sheikh Hasina received the Sri Lankan President on his arrival at the PMO at 10:00am.
President Sirisena arrived in Dhaka yesterday on a three-day state visit, highlighting the growing ties between Dhaka and Colombo.
- Most viewed
- Live longer: 8 tips to slow down ageing with antioxidant-rich food
- Katrina Kaif's sister Isabelle Kaif is all set for Bollywood
- Alia Bhatt steals shoes at her friend's wedding function
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan