Housewife’s body washed away by flood recovered
Published : 18 Aug 2017, 15:51
Locals on Friday morning recovered the body of a housewife which was washed away by floodwaters in Bagmara upazila of Rajshahi Thursday noon.
Witnesses said Joynob Bibi, 45, wife of certain Abu Sayeed, of Ramjanpara village of the upazila in Rajshahi, was returning to the house along with her grandson around 12:00pm Thursday.
On her way, she slipped and fell on a pothole of the road. Immediately she was washed away by the strong current of floodwaters. Local people and divers from upazila fire service station conducted a joint rescue operation with boats and nets till evening but all to no avail.
The fire service divers called it a day in the evening.
On Friday morning, locals found a body floating at Shaljor crematorium, about one kilometre down the stream of the place of the incident.
Later, the family members of Joynob Bibi identified the body.
Gobindapara union parishad chairman Bijon Kumar Saha said that they have informed the police about the matter and upazila administration.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- 17 January Deaths
- 17 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46