Housewife’s body washed away by flood recovered
Published : 18 Aug 2017, 15:51
Locals on Friday morning recovered the body of a housewife which was washed away by floodwaters in Bagmara upazila of Rajshahi Thursday noon.
Witnesses said Joynob Bibi, 45, wife of certain Abu Sayeed, of Ramjanpara village of the upazila in Rajshahi, was returning to the house along with her grandson around 12:00pm Thursday.
On her way, she slipped and fell on a pothole of the road. Immediately she was washed away by the strong current of floodwaters. Local people and divers from upazila fire service station conducted a joint rescue operation with boats and nets till evening but all to no avail.
The fire service divers called it a day in the evening.
On Friday morning, locals found a body floating at Shaljor crematorium, about one kilometre down the stream of the place of the incident.
Later, the family members of Joynob Bibi identified the body.
Gobindapara union parishad chairman Bijon Kumar Saha said that they have informed the police about the matter and upazila administration.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry