Narayanganj 7-murder case: Prosecutor’s daughter poisoned
Published : 24 Aug 2017, 11:48
The daughter of the public prosecutor (PP) in the sensational Narayanganj 7-murder case has forced down poison her throat by unidentified miscreants in the district on Wednesday.
The victim was Maisha Wazed Prapti, 16, daughter of Wazed Ali Khokon, is now going under treatment at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
This heinous incident took place one day after the verdict that upheld the lower court order of capital punishment for the 15 accused.
Like everyday, Maisha went to her Math coaching class around 4.30pm Wednesday. When she finished and got from the building out into the street, three youths pulled up in a white Toyota Carina and obstructed her, before asking if she was Wazed Ali Khokon’s daughter
When Maisha said yes, they congratulated her on her father’s success and offered what they said were ‘sweets’ to celebrate. Even though Maisha refused on account of them being strangers, the youths then physically overpowered her and forced something in polythene wrapping down her throat.
At one point, Maisha tried to run away and some locals saw the incident.
At this, the miscreants fled the scene in their car.
Receiving phone call from Maisha, Wazed Ali rushed to the scene and rescued his daughter. She was first admitted to a local hospital and later was transferred to DMCH.
Dr. AKM Tareq, a physician of DMCH, confirmed Maisha had been fed something poisonous but now it had been washed away and she is out of danger.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry