Narayanganj 7-murder case: Prosecutor’s daughter poisoned
Published : 24 Aug 2017, 11:48
The daughter of the public prosecutor (PP) in the sensational Narayanganj 7-murder case has forced down poison her throat by unidentified miscreants in the district on Wednesday.
The victim was Maisha Wazed Prapti, 16, daughter of Wazed Ali Khokon, is now going under treatment at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
This heinous incident took place one day after the verdict that upheld the lower court order of capital punishment for the 15 accused.
Like everyday, Maisha went to her Math coaching class around 4.30pm Wednesday. When she finished and got from the building out into the street, three youths pulled up in a white Toyota Carina and obstructed her, before asking if she was Wazed Ali Khokon’s daughter
When Maisha said yes, they congratulated her on her father’s success and offered what they said were ‘sweets’ to celebrate. Even though Maisha refused on account of them being strangers, the youths then physically overpowered her and forced something in polythene wrapping down her throat.
At one point, Maisha tried to run away and some locals saw the incident.
At this, the miscreants fled the scene in their car.
Receiving phone call from Maisha, Wazed Ali rushed to the scene and rescued his daughter. She was first admitted to a local hospital and later was transferred to DMCH.
Dr. AKM Tareq, a physician of DMCH, confirmed Maisha had been fed something poisonous but now it had been washed away and she is out of danger.
- Most viewed
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- 17 January Deaths
- 17 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46