Prime Minister visits Rohingya refugee camps
Published : 12 Sep 2017, 13:42
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reached Kutupalong camp in Ukhia upazila of Cox’s Bazar, to visit the Rohingya refugees from Myanmar.
He reached the camp at around 11:30am Tuesday (September 12).
Earlier, the flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines BG-1909 carrying the premier and her delegation landed at Cox’s Bazar Airport at around 10:15am.
Awami League General Secretary also Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Quader, Joint General Secretary Mahbubul Alam Hanif, Deputy Office Secretary Biplob Barua and the local administrative staff welcomed Sheikh Hasina at the airport.
She will inspect the condition of the displaced Rohingyas who entered Bangladesh after fleeing Myanmar to avoid barbaric persecution upon them run by Myanmar army led by its government.
Sheikh Hasina will also distribute relief materials among the refugees.
The prime minister is accompanied by her younger sister Sheikh Rehana, Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal, Disaster Management and Relief Minister Mofazzal Hossain Chowdhury Maya, State Minister for Defence Mosharraf Hossain and State Minister for Land Saifuzzaman Chowdhury among others.
Several lakhs of Rohingyas took refuge in Bangladesh to escape from the inhumanly oppression upon them in Rakhin state that reached climax on August 25 this year.
However, estimated five lakhs of Rohingyas entered Bangladesh in different times to save themselves from ethnic cleansing moves in Myanmar.
- Most viewed
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- Easy tips on how to keep your white clothes whiter and brighter
- Permanent Peoples' Tribunal finds Myanmar guilty
- Hindu community to cut Durga Puja expense to aid Rohingyas
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll