Police cordon off ‘militant den’ in Jessore
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 11:59
Police cordoned off a house in Ghop Central Road area of the district town early today suspecting it a militant hideout.
ATM Ajmal Huda, officer-in-charge of Kotwali Police Station, said tipped off that the militants are staying in the house, a team of police cordoned off a house in the area around 2:00am.
Once the team of Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) reached the spot from Dhaka, the anti-terrorism operation will begin, the OC added.
House owner Haider Ali, a teacher of Jessore Zila school, said Mashiur Rahman, hailing from Kushtia, also an employee of an herbal company, rented his house.
Jessore additional superintendent of police Naimur Rahman told reporters that as per information received from SWAT, the house has been cordoned off.
They (SWAT) suspected that the militants are staying in the house and police are barring people, including journalists, from entering to the area, he added.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating
- You may be getting the portion sizes wrong