Police cordon off ‘militant den’ in Jessore
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 11:59
Police cordoned off a house in Ghop Central Road area of the district town early today suspecting it a militant hideout.
ATM Ajmal Huda, officer-in-charge of Kotwali Police Station, said tipped off that the militants are staying in the house, a team of police cordoned off a house in the area around 2:00am.
Once the team of Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) reached the spot from Dhaka, the anti-terrorism operation will begin, the OC added.
House owner Haider Ali, a teacher of Jessore Zila school, said Mashiur Rahman, hailing from Kushtia, also an employee of an herbal company, rented his house.
Jessore additional superintendent of police Naimur Rahman told reporters that as per information received from SWAT, the house has been cordoned off.
They (SWAT) suspected that the militants are staying in the house and police are barring people, including journalists, from entering to the area, he added.
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan