CPA nations cast vote for chairperson
Published : 07 Nov 2017, 12:21
Commonwealth Parliamentary Association’s member countries are casting their votes for the position of its chairperson in an election that is underway at the general assembly of the 63rd CPC.
Candidates Emilia Monjowa Lifaka, deputy speaker of national assembly of Cameron; Shirley M Osborne MLA, speaker of the Montserrat Legislative Assembly; and Niki Rattle, speaker of the Cook Islands Parliament; are vying for the position in the “Election of Chairperson of the Executive Committee”.
The polls started around 11:00am at the Bangabandhu International Convention Center (BICC) and will continue for an hour.
CPA Secretary General Akbar Khan is conducting the elections, the results of which will be announced later in the day.
- Most viewed
- You may be getting the portion sizes wrong
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating
- US wants transparent business environment in BD
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- 16 January Deaths
- 16 January Births
- 16 January Events
- Marinated broccoli with yogurt dip
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- 10 January Deaths
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- Foods with multiple benefits