BCL leader rapes six women, releases videos
Published : 10 Nov 2017, 14:21
A leader of ruling Awami League-backed Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) has released videos containing scenes of raping six women.
The name of the alleged perpetrator is Arif Hossain Hawlader, 22, general secretary of BCL Narayanpur union unit, in Bhedarganj upazila of Shariatpur.
Arif, a bachelor student at a local college, allegedly used to shoot videos of housewives’ bathing secretly, and used those to blackmail them. This is how he raped at least six women, according to allegations.
He had shot videos of those rapes secretly and had disseminated those among the local people since 15 October.
One of the victim housewives left the village while the in-laws of another housewife sent her to the parent’s home. A college student victim stopped going to the college.
Fear and shame barred the victims from filing any lawsuit against Arif, the victims' relatives said.
Arif was made general secretary of Narayanpur union unit Chhatra League in June 2015.
Sister of one of the victim housewives said, “Arif raped her by trapping and took a huge amount of money threatening her that the videos would be released on the internet.”
A college student said, “Arif has destroyed my dreams. How will I show my face to the people? I have no other choice but to die.”
Bhedarganj upazila unit Chhatra League president Saiful Islam Sohag acknowledged the matter and said, “We didn’t know Arif is such a pervert and dangerous person. He committed an unpardonable crime.”
“We went to the village immediately after learning the matter and assured the victims and their families of all kinds of help to them. We also have expelled Arif Hossain for breaking the party’s code of conduct,” he added.
Arif has in the meantime fled the village.
Family members of Arif could not say his whereabouts and also declined to make comments on this matter.
Narayanpur union parishad chairman Najim Uddin Talukder said, “No sane person can do such things. I have ordered Arif’s father to produce him before me.”
“I also have apprised the local MP and Awami League leaders of the the matter. We will hold a trial of Arif’s crimes socially,” he added.
Shariatpur police superintendent Saifullah Al Mamun said that Bhedarganj Chhatra League leader's crime is a serious cyber crime.
"The police are trying to detain him. And we will detain him by any means and bring him to book,” he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Couple whipped for getting 'too close' before wedding
- Big budget movies in Dhallywood soon
- 2 women found dead in Keraniganj
- Pope speaks out on violence against women
- CHT people to enjoy land ownership: PM
- 21 January Deaths
- 21 January Births
- 21 January Events
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga