5 get life for killing housewife in Brahmanbaria
Published : 15 Nov 2017, 12:55
A court has convicted five people and sentenced them to life term imprisonment for killing a housewife at Bidyakut village in Brahmanbaria in 2009.
The convicts are Rafiqul Islam, husband of the victim and a resident of Bidyakut village, his four associates Shamim Ahmed, Aktar Hossain, Choto Aktar Hossain and Arash Doctor.
Additional District and Sessions Judge M Moin Uddin passed the verdict on Tuesday.
According to the prosecution, Rafiqul hired the four others to kill her wife Fatu Begum Simu prompted by his second wife.
As per the plan, Shamim, Aktar, Choto Aktar and Arash Doctor killed Simu while she was returning from her father’s house along with Rafiqul on July 10, 2009.
Following the incident, Rafiqul’s father Abul Hossain filed a murder case.
- Most viewed
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android