5 get life for killing housewife in Brahmanbaria
Published : 15 Nov 2017, 12:55
A court has convicted five people and sentenced them to life term imprisonment for killing a housewife at Bidyakut village in Brahmanbaria in 2009.
The convicts are Rafiqul Islam, husband of the victim and a resident of Bidyakut village, his four associates Shamim Ahmed, Aktar Hossain, Choto Aktar Hossain and Arash Doctor.
Additional District and Sessions Judge M Moin Uddin passed the verdict on Tuesday.
According to the prosecution, Rafiqul hired the four others to kill her wife Fatu Begum Simu prompted by his second wife.
As per the plan, Shamim, Aktar, Choto Aktar and Arash Doctor killed Simu while she was returning from her father’s house along with Rafiqul on July 10, 2009.
Following the incident, Rafiqul’s father Abul Hossain filed a murder case.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’