Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
Published : 18 Nov 2017, 17:57
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today called upon the countrymen to remain alert so that the defeated forces of Pakistan cannot come to power ever.
“A group of people were trying to erase the name of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and his historic 7th March speech. They are evil forces of Pakistan. We all will have to be united so that they cannot come to power ever,” Hasina said.
Hasina, also president of the ruling Awami League, said the people, who were trying to erase the speech of the 7th March, killed Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman along with his family members on August 15, 1975.
“History cannot be erased and they could not be able to do this. Don’t they feel embarrassed after the recognition of the Unesco?” Hasina said.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was addressing a rally at Suhrawardy Udyan in Dhaka organised to celebrate the recognition of the historic 7th March speech of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman as a world documentary heritage.
Sheikh Hasina, also president of Bangladesh Awami League, reached the venue around 2:40pm.
Awami League organised the rally under the banner of Nagarik Committee. Professor Emeritus Dr Anisuzzaman will preside over the programme.
Besides, AL general secretary Obaidul Quader and other top leaders are expected to participate in the programme.
On October 30, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) recognised the Bangabandhu's historic March 7 speech as part of world's documentary heritage. UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova announced the decision at the UNESCO Headquarters, Paris.
According to the decision, Bangabandhu's 7th March speech has been included in the Memory of the World International Register, a list of world's important documentary heritage maintained by the UNESCO.
- Most viewed
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- 21 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final