Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
Published : 17 Jan 2018, 16:12
State Minister for Information Tarana Halim on Wednesday said a 13-member committee has been formed to implement the 9th wage board for the journalists.
“A 13-member committee has already been formed and the list of the committee members has been sent to the Prime Minister for approval. Once the PM gives consent, the wage board will be formed as early as possible,” she said while talking to journalist at the Secretariat.
When asked that many media outlets are yet to implement the 8th wage board, the junior minister said the government will look into the matter.
“Apart from that, a policy for online newspapers will be enacted very soon,” she added.
“After assuming the office as the State Minister for Information, I have decided to implement the pre-planned projects of the ministry,” Tarana said.
Total 26 information complexes will be built up throughout the country while one digital movie theater will be constructed in every district as per the plan of her ministry, she added.
While asked about the Bangladesh Television (BTV), the junior minister said the television will be transformed into a High Definition (HD) one.
Besides, an advisory committee will be formed to develop the standard of the programmes run by the state-run television, she added.
Tarana said her ministry will telecast the development activities of the government in every foreign mission with the slogan ‘BD Branding’.
The same contents will be showed in every upazilas and districts to inform the country’s people about the development activities carried out by the current government, she added.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack