Bangladesh wants peace, not war: PM
Published : 07 Feb 2018, 14:45
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said Bangladesh does not want any war with any country as it works for peace.
"We don’t want war; we want peace. We run the State following the principle of ‘friendship to all malice to none’. Now I can say Bangladesh has cordial and friendly relations with most of the countries of the world," she said.
The Prime Minister said this while delivering her speech at the graduation ceremony of Defence Services Command and Staff College (DSCSC) 2018 at Sheikh Hasina Complex of Mirpur Cantonment.
Terming the country’s armed forces as the symbol of independence, Sheikh Hasina said they are much more developed, efficient and intelligent having modern training and equipment.
Alongside carrying out the noble responsibility of protecting the country's independence and sovereignty, the members of the armed forces are also making significant contributions towards tackling natural disasters, she said.
"They’ve also been assisting the civil administration for the county's development activities, construction of infrastructures, elimination of militancy and terrorism, and maintaining the law and order," she said.
Commandant of the College Maj Gen AKM Abdullahil Baquee delivered the welcome speech.
A total of 266 officers, including 136 officers from Army, 40 from Navy and 22 from Air Force, and 68 from various countries of the world graduated from this college this year.
On her arrival, the Prime Minister was received by the commandant of the College.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India